Chapter 99 - Mother Jiang is Here

Start from the beginning

Whenever Ke Yan was out on business trips, Jiang Qi would bemoan just how slowly time seemed to pass. However, even as time ticked past like a snail, Thursday finally came round, but Jiang Qi had this nagging thought that he seemed to have forgotten something.

After work, as usual, he prepared to return home for dinner, but was soon stopped by Jiang Lu who said, “Ge, on the day after tomorrow, can Mum and I visit your the new place you’re renting?

“Hmm?” Jiang Qi seemed to still be in a daze.

“Ge, you didn’t forget, did you? I thought Mum already told you that we’re coming over to your place on Saturday?”

“Oh, that’s right!” Jiang Qi was filled with surprise as he finally remembered this.

“Who would’ve guessed that your memory would be so faulty, Ge~”

Jiang Qi randomly nodded a few times before quickly walking off.

Looking at Jiang Qi’s receding back, Jiang Lu could not help but think to herself, why was he so flustered? Could there be some unspeakable secret that he has hidden at home?

It must be said that Jiang Lu’s words were right on the dot.

Jiang Qi returned home and looked at the large house. He had no idea where to start tidying things up, so he decided on keeping the photographs of Ke Yan and himself. Then he separated the matching couple-pajamas and other clothes before moving to tidy up the guest bedroom. He shoved most of his own clothes into the closet inside the guest bedroom, then moved some more of his own belongings inside. After this, he sat wearily on the bed inside the guest bedroom, thinking to himself, why must he wear himself out like this? He might as well just come clean to Mother Jiang, but then again, Ke Yan was not around.

In Jiang Qi’s heart, if they had to face parents, then it would be much better to do so together, as a couple.

And this was because the two of them would be preparing to spend the rest of their lives together, and that was the reason for meeting each other’s parents. Regardless of whether or not their own parents found this relationship satisfactory, they would have to bear the consequences together.

Jiang Qi was also aware that not every sense of emotional attachment would bear fruit into a lifelong relationship, but he was positive that he and Ke Yan could make it.

Jiang Qi truly did believe so.

His thoughts still in a muddle, Jiang Qi laid down on the guest bedroom’s bed, and after pulling the covers over himself, fell asleep.

The next day, when Jiang Qi woke up in the morning, he was quite surprised. Dazed, he thought, where is this? However, he soon remembered and realized that he must have fallen asleep in the guest bedroom last night.

“Huu, I need to get out of bed and go to work.” Jiang Qi thought as he stared at the ceiling from the bed. After a few moments he then got of bed, as he did, he grumbled about the difficulty of leaving bed during the winter.

He went over to the master bedroom to grab some clothes, then took a shower and had breakfast before heading out to work.

Battling a yawn, he thought it’s quite uncomfortable to sleep in the guest bedroom huh...

Saturday soon came by, and Jiang Qi did not bother to continue tidying up the night before. This was because he felt that he only needed to clear up the things that might show any form of affection between himself and Ke Yan.

Mother Jiang would definitely believe that Jiang Qi was staying in such a big house by himself, so Jiang Qi had decided to lie to her and pretend that he was renting this place with someone else.