Marshmallows

Shadow's p.o.v

"Shadow look we're almost there! Hurry up!" River calls out.

I squint to see the highest part of the mountain just a minute away and groan. Will and Alec are probably already there so I don't see the point in running, but River has already begun to sprint forward.

I sigh and start to speed walk, this heat has really taken away all my energy, and when I finally reach the top, I drop the bags and collapse onto the hard ground. My arms are spread wide and I close my eyes, just breathing heavily. I suddenly feel as if someone is staring at me, so I open my eyes and discover Will and Alec smirking down at me.

"What happened to you?" Alec raises an eyebrow at me.

I sit up and simply sake my head. "Need... water...now." I gasp out, I really am desperate. My mouth feels so dry!

River glares at me at my mention of being thirsty and I go red slightly, I suppose it's my fault that the we ran out of water in the first place. But it was an accident! Doesn't that count for anything?

Alec grabs a water bottle and walks towards me like some kind of God. I mean, he has water!

"I don't think so!" River sneakily says and grabs the water, ripping the cap off with her teeth and pouring it into her mouth slowly.

I watch desperately as the cool, refreshing, glistening, beautiful, life-giving, wet, fabulous, water trickles all away until there is not even a drop left in the entire litre bottle.

Help me.

I reach my arm to River, who is still holding the bottle, and them dramatically collapse to the ground, curing up.

Oh my God. I think I will die.

I get onto my knees and clear my throat, to prepare for my last speech before I die.

"I just wanted to say that you have all been wonderful. River, I forgive you for taking my only hope of saving me, it's not your fault. I just wanted to say sorry for all those times I have been a bad human being. Will, I leave you my CD collection and my Nirvana poster. Alec, I leave you any Starburst I may have in my house and any other food you are welcome to. To River, I leave my headphones and film collection, in hope that you will on day get some taste in films. I'm going to die now, of thirst, of heat stroke, and..." I say mournfully before I am cut off.

"Oh shut up! Stop being such a dick and drink this!" Will huffs and chucks another bottle of water at me, it landing on my stomach.

I grab the water and gulp it down quickly, soothing my dry throat and cooling me down instantly. I pour it over my head to lower the boiling temperature and sigh, collapsing back onto my back with joy. Thank you God. I look at Will with a grateful smile...

"You saved my life. I am eternally grateful!"

He scoffs and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Seriously...you just quoted Toy Story?" He shakes his head at me. "Wow, the heat is really getting to your head."

"Okay. Hate to interrupt, but we should really get moving back to the camp-site, you guys have food to cook! We won remember?" Alec says impatiently.

I groan and stand up. "I thought you forgot about that. Okay, come on then, let's go back."

"And this time we're taking the normal route back down, not some dodgy way that you made up. I don't want to get lost." Will starts to trudge forward with River.

I chuckle as I remember River and I arguing over the map, for some odd reason, it was fun. Alec starts to walk beside me and clears his throat.

"So what happened?" He asks.