Last Day

River's p.o.v

"Why do you have such a huge grin on your face? It looks creepy." Shadow says as we walk into the school building.

"Because it's the last day of school! I never have to come back to this place ever again! Well, except for results day. But soon I'll be at uni and that will be amazing!" I say cheerily.

"That doesn't really explain why you hate school so much." He says.

I sigh. "I didn't hate it before. But I guess it's just not the same without Bea."

He puts his arm around my shoulder. "But you still have me, right?"

I shrug away from him when I reach my locker. "Is that a good thing?"

Shadow crosses his arms and tries to look hurt. "Of course it's good! You're friends with the hottest guy in the school!"

I fake gasp. "Really! Where is he!" I look around.

He walks closer so that there is hardly any space between us. I can feel his breath on my neck. "You're looking at him right now." He whispers.

I can feel my heart racing inside me. Wait...why is it doing that? I look up into Shadow's eyes. He is staring at me with amusement. My eyes trail down until they focus on his lips. Hang on a minute...why am I looking at his lips! I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

I try to compose my self. Straightening up, I say, "Sorry Shadow, I still can't see him."

He chuckles and takes a step back. "I think you're lying." He says cheekily before he accidentally bumps into one of Chloe's minions, she gives him a flirty smile but he just ignores her and carries on walking. I feel the urge to laugh but then people will just stare at me like I'm mad. Chloe's minion turns and glares at me. I roll my eyes and turn away. Jealous freak.

I don't get it, everyone knows me and Shadow are just friends, but then every girl has to stare at me like I murder puppies!

"Girls like her are starting to bug me!" Shadow says in a loud whisper so that the minion can him.

She whips her head round with a supposedly 'vicious' look on it. She just look like she has eaten something really sour. Or perhaps she is severely constipated? Or both?

Shadow wraps his arm around my shoulder and I turn to him, slightly confused at his strange behaviour. Where has this hugging come from?

He must of noticed my expression, because he quickly drops his arm and his cheeks tinge red.

"Aww! Is little Shadow blushing?" I say and pinch his face, which is now even redder. He is so easy to wind up. Aww.

"Stop feeling up my face, you strange girl!" He says and bats my hands away. I laugh at him and we exchange a happy look.

I wish that I had Bea here with me. We always dreamed about our last day of school. The grande finale. We were going to pull a massive prank on the school, maybe put all the chairs and desks in the main field. Or cover the quad with marbles. It would of been so fun. But I haven't had time to plan anything, so I guess nothing is going to happen. She is missing so much.

"Hey. Where did the smiley face go?" Shadow asks at my obvious change of mood.

"Bea should be here. We were going to leave the school in epic style." I reply sadly, with a small rise of my shoulders. "But, she's there and I'm here."

"I know. But don't worry about style." A mischievous glint twinkles in his eyes as he says this. What is he up to?

"What did you do Shadow?" I ask dubiously, do I really want to know?