Circus

River's p.o.v

"Oh, I'm so full." I groan.

Will turns to give me an odd look. "You were complaining about being hungry just an hour ago, and now you're full?"

I nod. "Yeah, but only because we found a service station, where Shadow and I bought lots of unhealthy food that would last us a whole week, but then we sort of finished it all. And you should be glad, you finally got to go and pee."

Will grins. "I didn't need to though. It came out when I was asleep."

I stare at him in shock. "What! You mean you wet yourself in this car?"

"Didn't you see the patch on the seat?"

I gasp. "Oh my God. Shadow, get up now, you're sitting on his pee." I shake Shadow's shoulder, trying to wake him up.

"Leave me alone." He grumbles.

"But he peed on that seat!" I screech.

"No he didn't, the boy's just messing with you." He mumbles.

Oh.

"You're so gullible." Will says in between laughter. "Did you really think I pissed myself, I mean, even Shadow doesn't do that, and he's the biggest baby there is!"

"Shut up you dick. You were the one crying this morning because you thought I'd kill you." Shadow says, finally awake.

They start to bicker again, and I sigh. I'm just going to leave them to it. I turn and look out the window with a bored look on my face.

Suddenly, I spot a brightly coloured sign on huge notice board. There's a picture of a red and yellow tent on it and in bold letters, it says 'Alanzo's Amazing Circus'.

"Stop the car!" I yell at Alec, who is now driving.

"What, why? I can't just stop in the middle of a motorway! What's wrong?" He says.

I point to the right. "There's a turning over there. It leads to the circus!"

" Yeah! Let's go to the circus! I need some entertainment, you guys are boring! " Will says excitedly. Wow, he's such a child sometimes... But then I can't talk.

Alec starts heading down the lane trying to find some signs but then Shadow leans forward to talk to him.

" Dude we don't have time for the circus, lets just turn back, we need to get to the camp site before it gets dark. "

I scowl at him. " No, I want to go the circus, so do Alec and Will. Stop acting like an old man and enjoy yourself!"

Shadow huffs and crosses his arms. "I don't want to go to the circus! It's for little kids, and it'll just be really boring. Let's just go, please?"

Alec shakes his head. "No. This is our little holiday and we're here to have fun. We'll only stay a couple of hours okay?"

"No, it's not okay. I don't want to go." Shadow moans.

"Stop being difficult." I say. "I really just want to see what it's like, then we'll leave. Please? Do this for me?"

He sighs. "Fine, I'll do this for you, Sherlock."

I give him a warm smile. "Yay! Thanks Shadow! We're going to the circus!"

Shadow's p.o.v

My heart starts to beat rapidly inside me.

Calm down Shadow. You're only staying for a bit. Remember what River said, do this for her. I'm doing this for River.

Man, I'm so whipped.