Chapter 2

"Mama, look at what I made!" Aiden run towards Mia as she busily washing the dishes in the kitchen. She had to work around seven hours a day before someone took her shift, so that she could go home around noon.

A small figure suddenly entered Mia's sight, causing her expression to soften. Aiden excitedly showed the drawing he had just made, it was that of some yellow ducks swimming on a lake.

"I copy this from the book that Auntie Seina brought." Mia took a look at the drawing to appease him.

Aiden had turned four years old some weeks ago. He was also a quite smart little boy. At young age, he had learn to draw and memorized some alphabets.

"You are really smart, you did good." Mia said. She didn't really know how to prise people and wasn't that good with words, yet because of the existence of Aiden, she had gradually learned.

Aiden was quite a chatty little guy, and Mia was a woman with few words, yet the two didn't feel incompatible at all. Perhaps, that was because the two were blood related. They only had each other.

Aiden smiled excitedly at Mia's words and proudly said, "I'll show it to Auntie Seina later."

Mia ruffled Aiden's hair affectionately, but her action was suddenly interrupted by the ringing bell.

"I'll open it!" Without waiting for his mother answer, Aiden had already tun towards the front door. He opened it, revealing the sight of a woman.

"Auntie Seina!"

Seina was chuckling as she entered the house. The little guy, sure was quite a hyperactive boy. She ruffled his hair and gave the bag filled with sweets inside.

"Thank you, Auntie!" Aiden immediately become excited as he take a look of what was inside the bag, there were a lot of kind of candies, chocolate, and even cookies. Those were Aiden's favorite.

"Where is your mom?" Seina asked, looking around but failed to find her friend.

Aiden looked up at her, and said honesty. "Mama is still in the kitchen."

Seina immediately walked to the kitchen. She found that Mia was arranging the glasses and plates after they were being washed. Taking a seat on a chair nearby, she began to wait until Mia finished.

While on the other side, Aiden was busily eating a small cookie, looking completely happy.

"The weather is quite good. The falling snow had decreased by a lot at the moment. How about going to Mr. And Mrs. Wang's little restaurant?" Seina asked. "The last time we have going out together was a few months ago."

Mia put the last piece of the plate into a neat order, then she turned towards Seina while raising her eyebrow. "Why? You are bored now?"

Seina scowled slightly. "Don't start making excuses. When you are asking me like this, it's clear that you want me to go by myself."

Seina snatched some snack from the kitchen counter and began eating them. If it was two years ago, she probably would've been unable to act like this and have to be more careful around Mia, but lately they had gotten closer, so she had no qualms revealing her true self. She was quite a carefree person after all.

Mia looked at Aiden who was happily eating without care to his surrounding and she just sighed softly. "Alright then."

When Seina heard that, she grinned. She was quite pleased with herself. This way, they would have more time together. After all, Seina was quite lonely because she was living alone.

Seina was a thirty two years old widow without a child. Mia didn't really know much about her past, and she also didn't ask. They had just known each other for there years, so there was no rush.

Mia was slightly younger from Seina, as she was currently twenty eight years old. That's also why the two women got along so well. Seina also sometimes visited Mia's house.

"Little guy, let's go to the Mr. And Mrs. Wang's little restaurant." Seina said to Aiden, who was about to pick the second cookie from the bag.

"Really?" Aiden had also always come with them whenever they were going out. However, Mia didn't really like going out a lot, so, Aiden was really excited this time.

"Are we going to eat outside again?" Aiden asked. He had seen many delicious cake being sold at Mr. And Mrs. Wang's bakery near near their restaurant. He sometimes had his mother bought them for him.

"Of course." Seina ruffled the little boy's hair. She had no child, that's why she also treated Aiden affectionately. She had considered him as her own nephew.

Mia changed her clothes into a more neat one and didn't reveal too much of her skin. A grey shirt combined with black trouser pants.

"Let's go." Mia said curtly. Then, she took Aiden's hand to follow them.

The walk wasn't that long, in fact, it was only at two hundred meters before they reached the destination.

The restaurant was neither too big nor too small. Besides the fact that the price wasn't expensive, the food was also delicious. So, that not a wonder that many people came.

Mia looked around, and they found a remote table that wasn't too noisy. It was a table with four seats. Seina helped Aiden to get on his own seat and let him chose the meal first.

"Mama, I want the chocolate cake." Aiden suddenly said, he wasn't too interested in the food at the moment.

"The usual ones?" Mia asked, as she had bought the same kind of cake many times when she returned from the caffe.

Aiden nodded earnestly, making him look cute. "Yes."

Mia nodded, then she looked at Seina. "I'll go to buy the cake then. You just wait here."

The last line was directed at Aiden. The little boy nodded obediently. Now that he had gotten what he wanted, he began to look at the menu.

Mia walked out of the restaurant. The bakery just right next to it. The bakery was owned by the Wang couple's daughter.

As Mia walked, she was about to enter the shop when suddenly a familiar figure made her stop in place. She was frozen in the spot.

It was the same man of five years ago...