Chapter 33

Leon was such a meticulous person. So, in order to conduct a flawless act, he naturally prepared everything. He bought all the necessities so that it looked like the house were occupied by two people.

Mia didn't go to work, having to spend her time in Leon's mansion. She didn't mind that she can spend her time more on her website plan. There was some electronical devices that pretty much suit her accomodation.

Furthermore, Leon never restricted her from roaming around the mansion freely. This time, she was sitting leisurely, exercising some rest to her tired eyes. In front of her, there were a pond full of round koi fishes swimming around.

"Have you eaten your meal already?" A deep, masculine voice rang out from the direction of the gate.

Mia nodded, knowing who it was without lifting her face. A second later, thinking that Leon might not see her nodding her head, she looked up.

Leon was walking closer, casually putting his hands on his pockets. He visibly exhaled. Noticing that he was close enough, Mia turned her attentiom back to the roaming fishes as she supported her chin with her right hand.

A moment later, she felt some shuffle beside her. Leon was sitting, grinning widely when she turned to the side.

"Oh." Mia let out a breathe, subconsciously shifted to the side to put more distance between them. They were too close that she almost could smell the manly parfume from his body.

She had never expected that he would join her looking at the fishes as well.

"What are you doing here?" A puzzled expression painted Mia's face. She took a fistful of fish feed and throw it in the pond.

"Refreshing my mind." Leon shrugged. His lips suddenly curled up into a grin. "Are you nervous?"

"No." She answered succinctly.

Leon was taken aback by her fast and extremely short answer before his laugh resonated in front of the massive mansion.

"Why are you laughing?" Mia was annoyed for some reason. This man always managed to incur her irritation, and she didn't even know exactly why.

She threw another fistful of fish feed to the pond, causing the ripples on the water. Strangely, the ripples seemed to create an odd resonate with her, pervading her heart. It weirdly unfamiliar but didn't seem that bad.

At the exact moment, she just realized that this was probably the first time they have been talking so peacefully, without office work pressing on their shoulders or the other party being uncooperative.

"Your mother is going to arrive tonight right?" Mia bit her lip as she asked.

"Perhaps." He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulder.

Hearing that kind of the answer, she could only purse her lips.

"Are you really not nervous?" Leon raised one of his perfect eyebrows.

"Why are you saying that?" Mia rolled her eyes. She was sure this guy had some trick up his sleeves again.

"Then, why are you so far away?" Leon suddenly teased, gesturing to the distance between them.

Mia's mouth twitched slightly, somehow helpless. "It's just thirty-five centimeters away. How can it be considered as far?"

"Come closer then."

She was taken aback. Stealing a glance at his chiseled face for a second only to find that he was looking at her, she hurriedly retracted her gaze and looked away. After that, she subconsciously put some more distance between them instead.