Chapter 5 - Internet Famous

Lara's POV

No matter how hard I look at him, his eyes always find a way to get me lost in the lake. I know that his lips are moving because he's basically trying to write some notes for me as he's explaining something about the characters in my new book, but I don't hear a damn thing. I'm swimming in the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, and I'm planning to get drown. I weigh my cheek on my palm when he's finally taking off his glasses and plant his eyes back on me.

"Yes?" I respond to whatever he's saying to me right now.

"Did you listen to what I was saying?" He rests his head on the cushion to match my tilted vision.

"No." I shake my head lightly.

Kyle chuckles, "I was trying to explain to you about Princess Athena."

"What about her?" I bite my lip as I raise my eyebrows.

"When she's with Prince Asa and Spencer showed up, I think that she shouldn't freak out about it." He runs his thumb on my blushed cheek.

"Okay." I remove his hand from my face to place it on my thigh.

"I told Keith about the wedding yesterday." He breaks the news to me. "He seemed pretty cool about it."

"Really?" I straighten my back.

Kyle nods, "Yes."

"Did he tell you that he's moving out?"

"No."

"You don't look surprise?" I'm the one who's surprised to see that he's not surprised.

Kyle sighs, "He's been wanting to move out since he's sixteen."

"Is it because of me?" My insecurities just got leveled up.

"What? No, baby!" He cups my face.

"Maybe it is. He wouldn't even tell me that he's moving out if I didn't see Michael's text on his phone last night." I feel blue.

"He's an adult now. He needs his own space." Kyle takes my hands to give them a little message to make me feel better. "Besides, he'll come home on the weekend to see his siblings and you anyway."

I laugh at his words, "I'm sure he's gonna go out with his friends on the weekend. He already planned to party and hit on hot girls while he's away."

"What!?"

"That's what he said." Now I'm laughing at his angry dad face.

"No, he wouldn't!" Kyle tries to deny the fact that it's the time for his son to experience some things.

"Why wouldn't he? I mean, you must have done that. Party and stuff." I narrow my eyes as I wait for his confession.

"I didn't drink until I was twenty one." He scoffs.

"That's good." I cage my smile.

"What?"

"Nothing." I press my lips together.

I put the manuscript back into my purse and leave the couch while Kyle is still questioning my reaction with his two gorgeous eyes. When I start to walk to the door, he immediately catches up to me. He grabs my waist and spins me around like we're on the dance floor.

"What's the rush?" He says to my lips.

"You're supposed to have a meeting with Jennings in ten minutes." I pull away from his kiss.

"It can wait." He steals a kiss from me once more.

"My rumbling tummy can't." I take a step back to free myself from his temptation. "I need some food."