Chapter 4 - Allison

Allison's POV

Most of the time that I spent alone in this world is unforgettable. Every single day, I'm missing my parents and my sister terribly. They left me alone in this world to pray for them. Just like now in the graveyard. I'm standing in front of their graves to mourn for the millionth time as I'm looking at their headstones. What would they say if they're alive? Probably they'd be shocked if they saw me as a detective. The dusk is heating up the sky behind the horizon, and the wind is dancing around my face to double my emotion.

"Mom, dad..." I take a deep breath. "You don't have to worry about me."

I'm trying to hold back my tears.

"Luce, I met him today. Keith Jacobson. You remember him, right?! The boy who lived across the street from Uncle Frank's."

I continue, "He's changed. He doesn't wear blue nor thick glasses anymore. He now wears black like I do. You know what's weird? That kid talks back now. I might have passed my rebellious teenage soul to him."

Lucy would laugh at me if she could really hear me.

"He got his poor heart broken by his future step mother, Lara. That's so fucked up!" I snort. "If you could see her, Luce. She got big boobs, fat ass, lots of money, and she's a redhead. She's like an upgraded version of me." I laugh at my own words because I just realized that she's the woman that I could never be.

"And you should see Uncle Kyle! His face's changed. He doesn't look like a miserable man anymore, and he has another kid." I remember the time we saw Uncle Kyle looking like a homeless man after a big fight with his late wife.

This might be a delusion, but I swear to God that I heard something. I turn around to find none behind me.

"Did you hear that, Luce?" I ask Lucy.

The grass are whispering to complete the horror in my mind. I take a quick scan to check my surrounding, and I still find none. This is not the first time that I get this feeling. A feeling that somebody's watching me. I slip my hand underneath my jacket to grab a hold of my gun, just in case. When the sound of footsteps against the grass are getting too real to be a delusion, I turn around to point my gun at the slick hair that's waving along the grass.

"Wow!" Max puts his hands up in the air.

"Max!" I scold him. "Don't sneak up on me like that, dude!"

"Can you, please? Put the gun down!"

"Fuck!" I put the gun safety back on and safely hide the gun in my jacket. "What are you doing here?"

Max raises his thick eyebrows, "To see Lucy and your parents."

"I hope Sarah doesn't know about this." I pay a close attention to a single white rose in his hand.

"She doesn't have to know." He places the beautiful rose on Lucy's grave.

Max is staring at my style with a judgment. I can see it in his eyes that he completely doesn't understand the story behind at this faux leather jacket that wraps my too revealing dress that falls on my thighs.

"Got a date later?" He finally asks me.

"I just got back from an engagement party." I explain to him.

"The one that your uncle asked you about?"

I narrow my eyes at him because I don't recall the time I told him about that, "How do you know?"

"Err, you told me like a week ago." He rubs the back of his neck.

"I did?"

"Yeah." He snorts.