Chapter 2 - Crab Cake

Hi, guys!! So... um, where to begin. Some of you guys wanted me to post on Wattpad again, so here we are. If you don't really care about me posting here, then I'll probably stop and just let the story continues on Tapas.  Please comment your thoughts about my decision to continue this story on Wattpad!!:)  Seriously, guys... I miss reading your comments ;)
Love you,
V

Keith's POV
Good job, dad! Now I don't even know what to say to Allison who's waiting for some kind of explanation. I think I should just run and never show my face to her again. Yup! That's a very good idea! Oh, no! Wait! Actually, I should be the one who gets some explanation because I need to know why she never called me in the first place. I sit back on the chair with my hands hidden well inside my pockets.

"Were you?" She straightens her dress and sits right next to me.

"Why didn't you call?" I raise my chin up to look more intimidating.

"I asked you first." She easily breaks down my intention.

"I waited, but you never called. That's all." I throw my eyes away from her.

"Is that why you were so cold a few minutes ago?" She snorts. "Where did you learn that?"
I sigh, "I learnt it from you.

My answer is sharp enough to cut the smile on her beautiful face.

"Why didn't you call me?" I repeat my question.

"I wanted to, but I didn't want to burden Lucy with an international phone bill. So, I waited until I got my part time job, but..." She stops herself.

"But what?"

"Lucy got killed and I got distracted. I was alone in Paris. Alone and scared." She keeps her head down to make me feel like a horrible person for asking that question.

"That's why I was upset." I turn to her. "I knew that you're alone, but I couldn't do anything about it. I waited for you to call me. To cry your eyes out with me, but you never did."

"Why didn't you call me?" She finally asks.

"I did. Your French boyfriend picked up the phone." I can't take my eyes away from her amber eyes.

"French boyfriend? I didn't have a boyfriend then. When did you call me?" She gathers her eyebrows.

"As soon as I heard that Lucy died." I respond.
"That's weird." She rubs her chin. "Maybe it's the landlord. He was kind of flirty."

I don't want to believe her, but sadly I do. Her glorious single life was known to be true, and I myself were not able to break through. Not because I was a few years younger than her, but because she simply didn't want a relationship. This fact makes wonder about one question now, does she have a boyfriend?

"I'm sorry I wasn't here when your mom left you." She places her hand over my shoulder to spread the warmth into my chest.

I let my hand out to take hers, "I wish I could've been there to comfort you."

"It was horrible." She sighs.

"I'm sure that they want us to move on." I assure her.

Right after I zip my mouth, Allison glues her eyes onto mine in disbelief. She's looking for something deep inside my soul, and I just surrender to her magic. I watch her lips part, but I can't react to it. One second later, I realized that I've been missing her.

"The three of them would probably be the coolest in the heaven now." She blooms her smile.

"The three of them?" Who's the other one?