=- 13 -=

The sun shone brightly through the curtains we never shut last night making a soft groan leave my lips. I lifted the arm I weren't lying on up to cover my eyes from the harsh lighting about the lift the other one before I noticed the slight additional weight on it. I lowered my arm and looked down shocked to see Sam lying there.

His body was cuddled and curled up into my chest as close as he could and his head used my stretched out arm as a pillow. I wrapped my free arm around him watching as he attempted to shuffle even closer then he already was, his legs now going over my own. I leant my own head sideways slightly so my cheek rested on the top of his hair, the soft strands tickling my nose slightly.

"Knock knock," I looked up as Kat swung the door open slightly making me smile at her. "You're up early," I nodded in response watching as she stepped fully into my room.

"Does he know?" I was about to respond before a small soft voice spoke from beneath me.

"Know what?" Sam asked yawned slightly but still not moving from his spot. I looked at Kat seeing her already stare at me with wide eyes since none of us knew he was up.

"The guards were lurking," Kat blurted out making Sam gasp,

"Were they looking for me?" He finally looked up, dear and panic clear in his crystal blue eyes. I tightened my grip around him as much  as I could trying to make him calm down and feel safer.

"They were looking for someone," she confirmed making me now also know this is a true story that did happen, "someone tipped off the guards saying someone was seen entering our area last night but however not seen with any of us. The guards explained to us that they were seen a few hours after we all come home and settled down for the night meaning, Sam, they weren't looking for you," I felt his whole body relax in my arms as them words left Kats mouth.

"But someone was around?" I asked needing confirmation on that part. Kat sent me a single nod making me mutter swear words under my breath slightly before closing my eyes. "Did the guards say who? Or if they are definitely gone?"

"They told Jake when he went to the others house to meet Tara, that they couldn't find who it was, just an older man. However they did confirm after looking and double checking that whoever it was, was gone. But they might come back. Reasons unknown," I nodded at the new information, paying attention to how Sam slowly tried to shift his body away from mine.

"I'm going to leave you two alone," she said sending knowing eyes at me from behind Sam. I dismissed her with a simple wave of a hand sighing once the door clicked in place as she shut it. As soon as the click was heard Sam shot up and scrambled to the other side of the couch making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry! I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. The bed was too big and I'm not use to it and I felt scared," he rambled making me grab his hands gently effectively shushing him.

"Sam, it's fine," I promised "there's no reason to panic or be scared." I locked eyes with his as he looked up at me slightly before sighing.

"I weren't scared about that," he muttered before shaking his head "are you sure you didn't mind? I would of been fine with you pushing me off!"

"Sammy," I whined dragging the 'y' out. "It's fine," I laughed shaking my head "and I would of never pushed you off," I pushed my body up dropping Sams hands before stretching.

"Colby," his small voice made me turn and face him again "can I stay here a few days? I know you don't really know me but I can't go home yet,"

"Sammy, we aren't really meant to have non elements stay," I rubbed the back of my neck before sighing, knowing this is how I can get him to start learning about us, about him. "You can stay, just maybe stay away from windows as best as you can and if the guards come and check the house like they usually do every month, then hide." I ranted making him nod happily before grabbing the thin blanket throwing it back over his legs.

"Thank you Colby, I feel safe here," he muttered before closing his eyes and heading back to sleep. Quietly I left the room, shutting the door behind me and heading downstairs.

"Well? Where's Sam?" Tara asked bouncing up to me making me shush her slightly.

"Upstairs sleeping," I told her, gently pushing her out the way and heading into the living room "Sams going to stay with us a while, as long as he needs," I informed the rest of the group. "And I know," I quickly butted in as Kat opened her mouth "I've told him to stay away from windows as best he can and hide if the guards do their check. But you didn't see how scared he kind of looked asking, he don't want to go home yet. And I thought this way, him hanging out with us might help him learn about himself quicker," I finished with a sigh collapsing on the love sack next to me.

"That's a dangerous game you're playing Colby," Corey sighed shaking his head.

"At the moment Corey it's the only choice and chance I have. His parents hate us, for some reason, so can't really meet up outside in fear of someone seeing us and telling them. Which is what I think happened when he had disappeared," I closed my eyes before reopening them, picking at the skin around my finger nails.

"What that makes perfect sense!" Kat shouted making me shush her instantly. She blushed slightly before covering her mouth. "Think about it, he disappeared after you bumped into him. You told us he ran! As he spotted someone,"

"He was locked inside," Devyn muttered shaking her head, a sad look on her face.

"No one bring this up to Sam," I pointed at the five other people in the room. "We keep as quiet as we can about soulmates and our powers. If you have an earth trip sneak out and if Sam goes out, no one else goes. We don't know what his parents are capable of and if they locked him in his room, I'm scared they could do more."

=-.-=