4. Hopefully This Works

3rd Person PoV

Canada and America stood outside the large building. They looked like the other. Kumajiro was being held closely to America's chest. The two brothers looked at each other with worry struck on their faces. If they've gone out in public disguised as the other before this moment they probably wouldn't have been as scared.

"Well this is it," Alfred sighed, hugging Kumajiro a bit tighter. The two brothers talked to each other quietly while entering the building, both trying to confirm this was a good idea. Before they knew it, they were in front of the meeting room.

They weren't the first ones there. In fact, England and Germany were already in the building, probably with Japan too. The meeting wouldn't start soon. The countries who arrive there earlier were already there, so they would have a lot of time to relax and calm down.

Now, they just needed to go inside the room. It seemed scarier now. They've could've arrived earlier, but the other countries would probably have been suspicious. They could've waited until later, the time they usually arrive, the time where there are more countries.

The two of them hesitated, both standing outside of the door. Time seemed to move slowly for the brothers. "Hey, America!" a loud British voice yelled out from behind them. "What are you doing here so early?"

Matthew obviously paled a bit, "I just wanted to get here early for a change! Ya-know?" Alfred looked over at the Canadian, giggling quietly.

"Well if you want to be here for the meeting, you know you go into the meeting room, right?"

"Yeah! Of course! Just wanted to think for a bit."

"Ah, alright then. Just remember to actually go in the meeting room. Don't be late."

"Alrighty, dude!"

Alfred cracked a smile. The disguises were working. But hopefully the other nations wouldn't take any notice of the slight height difference, different eye colours, or anything else that was subtle. But, they probably wouldn't have to worry about it.

Matthew seemed to get scared a bit more. Alfred reassured him that it was going to work, they just had to get over their nerves and they would finally be happy. The taller brother was surprised with a hug from the shorter one.

"Don't worry Mattie!" America reassured, "No one will figure out! Hopefully..." he mumbled the last part. It seemed to have helped as Matthew was standing taller with his head a bit higher.

"Thanks, Alfred." Matthew smiled.

America PoV

I watched Mattie walk into the meeting room. Mr. Kumajiro tugged on my sleeve, "I'm hungry." Earlier, Mattie told me his bear usually wants to eat before the several hours of chaos. I guess we had to find the kitchen now.

It seemed like forever, even though it took five minutes, to find the kitchen. Kuma tried to help me find it, but would only give me short responses. This bear was going to kill me, how does Mattie handle him?

A fridge in the corner of the room had some frozen fish. The bear picked out his favourite kind before begging me for me.

"Mattie said no more than two. You already had two. So no more." I sound like a mom, I thought, snorting. Kuma whined a bit before giving up and eating his food. I played on my phone and waited.

Secret ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara