Forgive and Forget [Austin Carlile]

This is the first in (hopefully) many one-shots yet to come.

I hope you like this. Sorry if I didn't do a good job... *facepalm* I just... I've had this idea in my head for a while and I thought this was the perfect opportunity.  Sorry it's a little depressing but... Yeah.

-Grace

~*~*~*~*~

Never in a million years did I think that I'd ever see him again. I figured we'd never cross paths, and we'd both be able to just move on with our lives.

But seeing him now, through the window of a small café, breaks my heart all over again. He's just sitting there, all alone. His once shining chocolate-brown eyes now just look tired and dull. I can't help but wonder if I did that, or just all of the touring.

Suddenly, he's looking through the window and I freeze like a deer in headlights. His eyebrows furrow for a second as he wonders to himself if it's actually me, but then his eyes grow wide and he leaps up out of his seat. He walks quickly to the door, abandoning his jacket and his can of Monster.

I take off down the street, walking as fast as I can. I have to get out of there. I can't face him, not just yet. Or maybe not ever.

But his legs are longer than mine and within seconds, he's in front of me, begging me to stop with tears in his eyes.

"Sydney? Oh, my God, Syd."

"Hey, Austin," I whisper, trying my hardest to swallow the lump in my throat and fight the tears threatening at the corners of my eyes.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" Austin splutters, his eyes wide. I can see the hope gleaming in them and I feel guilty, knowing I can only offer disappointment.

"Nothing," I breathe. "Just let me go. Please . . ."

"No." Austin snatches my hand up with his long fingers as I try and get away. He pulls me into his chest and kisses the top of my head. "I'm never letting you go again."

And that's when we both finally break down, crying into each other's embrace.

~*~*~*~

I couldn't help but stare. He just looked so beautiful. His soft eyes traced the ceiling as he layed beside me, sweat causing his hair to stick up in every direction.

"Like what you see?" he asked without looking at me, startling me back into reality.

I blushed slightly and bit my lip. "Oh yeah. Definitely."

Austin smirked and turned to me. He pulled the blanket away from me, exposing me to the cool air of the room. He placed small, open-mouthed kisses on my belly, his breath tickling my skin. Austin's eyes met mine, shining with amusement. I blushed deeply and looked away.

I heard Austin laugh and I turned my gaze back to him, confused.