Smile [Vic Fuentes] for AnnaPTV

A/N:  Okay, so I might've changed your prompt up a little bit.  I had an idea and I went with it.  I hope you still like it, though! If you want me to change it, however, I would be perfectly fine making it exactly how you wanted it.  Thanks! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

"You're Anna, right?"

I looked up to see a boy about my age smiling down at me.  Smirking, I closed up the sketchbook I had previously been working in.  "It depends on who's asking,"  I said.

The boy gave me a huge, toothy grin.  He was attractive, that's for sure.  His eyes were a deep, tawny color; his hair was a dark shade of chocolate; his pearly white teeth were surrounded by plush pink lips.

"I'm Vic."  He sat down across from me.

"Cool."

It was weird, different even, to have someone sit across from me at the lunch table.  At my old school--a preppy private school--whenever we had days where we didn't have to wear our uniforms, I would wear my usual band t-shirt/skinny jeans/converse combo.  Well, in a school where pink and girly rules, my Nirvana hoodie wasn't exactly a ticket to the popular girls' table.  Or any table, for that matter.

"That was really good, by the way," Vic said suddenly, motioning toward the sketchbook I had in my hands.

I looked down at the table, blushing furiously.  "T-thanks."  Any semblance of courage I had was gone.  I didn't know what it was about this boy, but he had me turning to mush big time.  Normally I was random and spontaneous but then . . .  I couldn't even form sentences!

"No problem," he said, a goofy grin on his face.  For a moment he seemed lost in thought before he finally spoke up.  "Maybe one day, when my band's famous, you can draw the cover for one of our albums."

My head snapped up at his words.  "You're in a band?"

"Well, sort of," he said with a shrug.  "I have a couple friends who play instruments and we've wanted to get together and start one, but we haven't gotten around to it yet."

"You should."  I had a grin on my face to match his.  "I'll be your first fangirl."

Vic laughed and, for a moment, I was stunned.  His laugh was so warm and it made the room brighter and christ I didn't think I could ever get used to how beautiful it was.

-Fifteen Years Later-

A lot has changed in the fifteen years I've known Victor Fuentes.  He grew his hair out, for starters.  He grew a little (which I constantly tease him about).  Most different of all, he became famous.

But, all the same, some things never change.  Like his dream of becoming a rockstar.  Everything he predicted happened.  And I was right there every step of the way.  I even drew an album cover, though it wasn't the first one.

And, most importantly, his smile never changed.  It is still that same smile.  The one that lit up his entire face, that made him look like a little boy, the one that made everyone in the room stop and stare.  It's still there.

And I'm so grateful that I get to see that smile on a daily basis for the rest of my life.

"Good luck, boys!" I call out to the four men that are such a huge role in my life now as they all run out on stage, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek as they pass me, Vic lingering longer than necessary, as usual.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" Vic yells into the microphone, causing the entirety of the venue to erupt in screams.  "That's fucking great, you all are amazing!  I'd like to dedicate this first song to my best friend, and now my beautiful wife, Anna.  Today marks the fifteen-year anniversary of us meeting.  I can honestly say this past decade and a half has held all of my best moments, and all because of you.  I love you."

The opening riff of Props and Mayhem begins and I watch the man I love put all of his heart and soul into the music he loves making.

I've changed a lot since I was fourteen, but one thing still remains constant.  Victor Fuentes is still, and will always be, the light that shines even in my darkest hour.