15: Advertisement Flyer

Start from the beginning

Memories of us holding hands, kissing under the sunset, counting the stars at night. Segments of clichés from those romantic novels which are nothing less than a box of treasure for me. The sky has witnessed it all - our marriage, our love, our fights, our giggle and us falling for each other.

I stare at the mysterious blue vault.

The soothing shades of the afternoon sky dwindles in the monochromatic dark clouds. The furry blanket of black clouds grumbles restlessly, disrupting the sound of my emptiness by the loud gregarious boom of thunder.

"It sounds like it is about to rain."

Cold fierce wind blusters outside, signalling the dawning of a violent storm. Booming and banging sound fills the air as the wind destructs everything which comes in its way.

I walk up to the window pane, and glance at the city through the translucent sheet of glass. Down below from the fourteenth floor, I notice the empty roads. No cars. No humans. The movements on the busy roads of London has been brought to cessation. It rains or snows most of the time in London but particularly the weather of 24th April is a bad one. According to the news reports, there is a high probability that citizens might have to encounter an uprising storm which can bring a lot of destruction.

As the clouds clash against each other the sound of another uproar blends with the air.

Drawing the curtains together, I shut the outside world for me. My eyes are drenched with deep exhaustion. Yet, I am deprived of sleep. Collecting my diary from the floor, I fall into a sort of luxurious sprawl, ready to recollect my first step towards being a self-sufficient individual. Though I have to admit, the starting of the journey was nothing extraordinary or expectional. It was an advertisement flyer which brought me to the peak of success, and help me to earn the title 'International Best Selling Author'.

So far a week had passed by

So far a week had passed by. My ailment had caused in deferring the date which was scheduled earlier for paying a visit to Eric's house. Not that I was completely stable, but to the least my frail legs could support my body weight.

I requested James to allot a new date for the visit. An anxious James repeatedly warned me to rest for another week, but my stubbornness beefed. I was desperate to get rid of all the legal ties that chained my marriage with Adam Scott. The sooner the better.

A session of negotiation brought us at our place in monday morning. With James being dressed neatly in a black suit, I was sure with the fact that my poor look would have been the topic of discussion if other pupils were a part of the meeting. Luckily the meeting was confined to only two of us, and we were not seated in some conference hall of an office. His
choice of attire was reasonable. Tuxedo was mandatory for attending a formal meeting with his boss and other staffs in a venue like hospital.

James did not point out my shabby clothes or unbrushed hair, but little did he expected to see his companion in an organised form.

Sitting on the armchair, he stamped his foot with frustration, and repeated his same old love song. "You need to rest Amy."