Two Is Better Than One

Monumentour One Year

I smiled at the crowd one last rime before we exited the stage. I went to our dressing room after giving my gutair to the tech. I flopped on the couch and winced. Hurt my back...again. Pete came over.

"Back again?" He asked. I nodded and he kissed my forehead. "Its okay."

"I got it bad this time."

"You just need to take a quick shower. We'll be on the bus and you can lay down. Work my magical fingers on you." I smiled at him.

"You're the best." I said.

"Cmon. Ill pick you up." He picked me up and carried me to the bathroom.

We took a shower and went to the bus. I laid down and he got in beside me. "Why do you think this is happening?' I asked.

"I dont know, Hun." He answered. "Do you think something is wrong medically?"

"Maybe. I dont know." He grabbed his laptop and started typing.

"Whats wrong with mom?" Kyle asked, poking his head.

"Im fine, Ky." I answered. He crawled beside me and I hugged him. "My back just hurts a little."

"You're too stressed Patrick." Pete answered.

"Yeah. I know." I mumbled. Kyle kissed my cheek and Pete helped me sit up. "I love my two boys." I kissed Pete and Kyle's head.

"I love you, too, mom." Kyle smiled. "You, too, dad."

"Love you, too, Ky." Pete ruffled his hair and kissed me. "Love you, PattyCakes."

"Love you, too, PeterPanda."

"When did you come up with those names?"

"I've always called him my PattyCakes." Pete answered.

"I think the first year we started dating."

Johnnie came into our bunk, followed by Andy and Joe. "Is there a party in our bunk or something?"

"Yeah." Joe answered. "How's you're back?"

"Fine. I guess." Pete pulled me on his lap, making me bend over, and massaged my back. "Magical fingers."

"Those fingers have probably been somewhere else." Johnnie joked.

"Johnnie! That's disgusting." Kyle shrieked.

"Normal stuff for gay couples." Andy dismissed. I hummed and Pete chuckled.

"Thank you, Hun." I thanked and got off his lap.

"No problem sweetie."

"Look what I came up with." Joe handed me a sheet of paper. It was words with scribbles. Lots of scribbles. They were lyrics.

I read through them. "These are..." I trailed.

"They're bad aren't they?" He asked in a small voice.

"No. They're amazing. I'm speechless, Joe."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah. We could use this for our next album."

"Told you they were good. I'm proud of you." Andy kissed him and smiled.

"How long have you been together?" Johnnie asked.

"Nine years." I answered.

"Dang." He muttered. I shrugged.

"I was there when Andy asked Joe out. Hell, I helped him."