Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

She encountered two more groups of agent and with every group she fought, she was growing more tired, but she couldn't stop. She couldn't let HYDRA win.

"Two down, one to go!" She heard Maria say. Relief washed over her. The plan was working. "Six minutes until launch."

She heard shouting in her com, but she could not decipher what was being said.

"I'm grounded, the suit's down. Sorry, Cap." She heard Sam say.

"Sam, where are you? I'll meet you there." Catherine asked.

"I'm on the roof of the Triskelion." He answered.

"Wait." Maria said. "Rumlow's headed for the council. Sam, Cat, can you stop him?"

"On it!" They both yelled

Catherine ran up the stairs. Her lungs and legs were screaming but she couldn't let Rumlow get to the council. She didn't know exactly where he was, but she was sure either Sam or her would run into him.

"Found him!" She heard Sam say into his com. "41st floor."

She was close, hopefully close enough. Sam's voice sounded strained. Just as she was about to open the door of the floor, her body collided with the wall. Her mind had been so focused on getting to Sam that she wasn't aware of her surroundings. She felt the impact of the agent's boot hitting her ribs and she cried out. She was sure something was broken, but she couldn't let him win. She swung her fist forward and hit his chest. It wasn't a great swing but it was enough to distract him.

She twisted to the side and her foot connected with his stomach sending him towards the railing. She scrambled to get the blasters working, but one had been damaged and the other was barely working. She knew she could fight but her side was screaming.

"Damn it!" She yelled as the damn bracelets wouldn't work. The agent came barreling towards her and with all her body weight, she pushed him forward. She watched with wide eyes as his body flipped over the railing. She hoped she didn't kill him, but she knew his chances of surviving were slim.

Catherine busted through the door to find Sam lying on the ground and Rumlow taking his vest off giving some speech about how the beating was going to hurt. Rumlow smirked at her. "I see you have a type. Hydra. You should have heard his screams when we wiped you and Steve from his mind again. Oh, wait. You have. You escaped, Catherine, but you will never escape your past. Now I'm going to bring you in and do the same thing to you."

"Fuck you." She spat. She tried her best to not to react, but some small part of her was slightly heartbroken. She liked Brock. She had hoped to maybe have a normal relationship with him. She didn't understand how could she have been so blind and not realized Brock was apart of Hydra.

He charged at her with rage in his eyes. It was sad to her that someone had so much hate. He went to punch Catherine, but she dodged out of the way. She turned around and kicked his back towards Sam. Out of the corner of her she could see all the helicarriers firing at one another. Fear spread through her. Steve had been on one of those.

"Steve?" She said into her com.

No answer.

"Steve? Did you get off the helicarrier?"

Still no answer.

"Damn it!" Catherine said through gritted teeth. She felt Rumlow grab onto her from behind. Her head shot forward as she saw one of the helicarriers speeding towards the building. It was going to hit where they were standing. Sam and her had to get out of there.

She brought her elbow upwards, connecting with his jaw. He let go of her and Catherine managed to grab her gun. She didn't even aim. She just fired and hit him in the stomach causing him to stumble towards the helicarrier about to crash. She needed to run for her life now.