Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN

Start from the beginning

Jupiter: the four Maidens each have the power to perform feats of magic, and they are the only ones capable of reaching the Relics.

Jaune: what?

Jupiter: the Relics are each locked inside a chamber that can only be opened by a specific Maiden. Winter for the gift of Creation, Summer for Destruction, Fall for Choice and Spring for Knowledge.

Qrow: (taking another drink) we have Summer, and we know what became of Fall, but Spring is the problem.

Ren: what happened to her?

Lionheart: she was determined, at first, when she inherited her powers, but the weight of responsibility proved to be too much for the child. She... ran. Abandoned her training, everyone. That was over a decade ago. There's no telling where she could be now.

Qrow: I... know. At least... I have a pretty good idea.

Lionheart: (widening his eyes and standing up) are you serious?

Qrow: it's not exactly good news.

Lionheart: (walks around to Qrow from behind his desk) what are you talking about? This is incredible news! (taking Qrow by the shoulders and shaking him) after all these years! Where?!

Qrow: (shoves him off) I did some digging around. Looks like, after Spring ran away, she was picked up by bandits, specifically the Branwen tribe.

Lionheart: Raven.

Nikki: Vali's adoptive mum?

Qrow: that's right.

Qrow pulls out his Scroll, walking over to and placing it on Lionheart's desk. The hologram monitor on the desk displays a map of Remnant. It then zooms in on a certain section.

Qrow: that's about where they've set up their main camp. It's where they fall back to after raids and scouting missions. Raven's managed to gain a lot of followers since she returned to the tribe, and I'm sure when the Spring Maiden showed up, it only made things easier.

Jupiter: at least she doesn't have Vali on their side.

Lionheart: (pats Qrow in the back) well, Qrow, I've got to hand it to you. With these coordinates, we can mount a retrieval force and head out in a few weeks.

Qrow: a few weeks?

Lionheart pulls up a hologram keyboard and taps a few keys, while Qrow's Scroll displays the text "COPYING FILES", followed by "DISCONNECTED".

Lionheart: (walks behind his desk) that's right.

Qrow: Leo, maybe you didn't hear me. My sister has the Spring Maiden, and I know where she is. (Placing his hands on the desk) we need to go, as soon as possible! (Knocks books off the desk)

Lionheart: (angrily) and perhaps you didn't hear me. This Kingdom is in shambles. "As soon as possible" does not mean tomorrow. It means, as soon as I can convince the council that I need Huntsmen more than they do. Unfortunately, bandit tribes aren't very high on their list of priorities when the threat of war is just on the horizon.

Qrow: then damn the council. We'll do it ourselves. You and I are trained Huntsmen and these kids aren't exactly pushovers.

Nora: (jumping up while Ruby fistpumps) yeah!

Ren: perhaps there's a more peaceful way to approach this?

Nikki: from what Vali told us, there's nothing peaceful about that woman.

Qrow: we need to get Spring as far away from here as possible. And Raven isn't going to give up her most prized possession without a fight.

Lionheart: unfortunately, you and your sister are evenly matched. And I'm not the fighter I used to be. No offense, but these students and I can't take on an entire bandit tribe and a Maiden that's no doubt had years to hone her skills. We need to be positive we can apprehend Spring, because if we fail Raven and her tribe will scatter. And we'll be lost. We get one shot at this. And it needs to be perfect.