Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN

Start from the beginning

Lionheart: (chuckles) a pleasure to meet you all. Leonardo Lionheart, at your service. I'm afraid most of my staff is currently away until classes resume, but--

Qrow: what? Leo, you can't be serious. Who's guarding the Relic?

Lionheart: Qrow, the children.

Qrow: already know. I filled them in. What do you mean your staff is away?

Lionheart: (as this information sinks in) you... filled them in?

Nora: so, is this not going at all like anyone thought it would?

Jupiter: now do you understand why I've been working hard lately?

*DEAN*

With the demon hunter, he was driving down the road when he comes across some demons on the road. He smirks and jumps up a ram in the air.

Dean: woo-hoo! Yeah!

He lands right on the demons and starts driving through them. Then he jumps in the air, and switches to buzz saw mode. When he lands, he swings the saws around and laughs and cheers while doing do. After driving through them, he stops and relaxes.

Dean: (grins) how that's what I call "road kill!"

A few jump down on him, but he pulls out both Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and shoots them mercilessly. As one gets close enough, he slices them, then shoots right through them.

Dean: (holsters them) thank you, Nico. Now, let's see...

Dean attempts to go Devil Trigger again, but once again, a brief moment, and then it stops.

Dean: still not working, huh? It's fine, I've gone without it for years. But, I'll have to figure out how to get it back sooner or later. Alright then, should keep moving.

*NIKKI and RNJR*

Lionheart: I have to say, Qrow, this all seems very reckless, even for you.

Qrow: no, reckless is leaving one of the Relics completely unguarded. It's not checking in with Oz for ages!

Lionheart: there was nothing to check in about before the fall of Beacon, but since that day, Mistral has been in chaos! (Stands from his chair, fists clenched) Vale wasn't the only Kingdom to suffer that night. Everyone was watching. Every house in every Kingdom saw that poor girl ripped to pieces, (Ruby looks away, upset) saw monsters crawling over the city, Atlesian Knights attacking citizens... (Jaune grimaces) and then nothing. You could feel the dread in the air. With all that negativity, you can imagine what it was like when the Grimm came for us. (Walks to a window and looking outside) Mistral's territory is the widest reaching in the world, you know, and that makes it infinitely harder to protect. We lost so many great Huntsmen, teachers from this very institution. And it's only gotten worse.

Jupiter: and with everyone gone, I've been pulling more and more work to not only protect the city and school, but the relic as well.

Nikki: okay, then. What else are you dealing with?

Lionheart: (leaning on the windowsill) we may have dealt with the Grimm, and from what I heard there's more scarier things, but the Mistral council's still at odds with representatives from Atlas. First, it was the Dust embargo, now it's the closing of borders. (Turns and looks at Qrow) I'm not sure what happened to James in Vale, but it seems to have only worsened some of his more unfortunate tendencies. (Sighs) And, on top of everything, we still don't know where the Spring Maiden is.

Qrow: all the more reason we need the Huntsmen and Huntresses here!

Ruby: (moving closer to the two) okay! Okay. Things are bad; they're bad. But we can figure this out. Why is the Spring Maiden so important?