Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN

Start from the beginning

Mistral Pilot: the Grimm hit us 400 klicks north of the southern shoreline!

Weiss' eyes widen as the sound of an explosion and the Mistral Pilot gasping can be heard.

Mistral Pilot: Get them off us! If anyone can hear this-- Ah!

Weiss' expression grows even more concerned as the Mistral Pilot cries out and the transmission abruptly ends. The Atlas pilot turns off his radio and turns the ship. Weiss walks over to him and grabs onto a handle in the ceiling.

Weiss: We're going to help them, right?

Pilot: What? No. I'm trying to avoid them.

Weiss: But... they'll die.

Pilot: Look, if we picked up their transmission, I'm sure someone else did, too. Besides, this is a cargo ship. She's not much good in a fight. I just wanna finish this job and get home. Sorry, kid. My ship, my rules.

Weiss closes her eyes for a moment, then gazes out the windshield as the ship turns to the right and continues flying over the lake. Vali doesn't say anything, but is lost in thought.

Vali's Thoughts: I won't be that weak, again. I'll get stronger.

*NIKKI and RNJR*

Nikki, RNJR and Qrow enter the campus grounds of Haven Academy, which is devoid of any other people. They stop in a courtyard, where Ruby smiles and wipes a tear from her eye. Jaune places a hand on her shoulder, and she sighs.

Ruby: we made it.

Qrow stops behind them, and while they continue on their way, he takes a moment to glance around and lets out a sigh.

Ruby: hello?

???: you've all made it!

They turn to see Jupiter making his way down to them. He and Qrow then shake hands.

Qrow: good to see you, Professor. You okay, though? You don't look well.

Jupiter: I'm fine. Just, a little sick. I haven't gotten rest in some time.

Qrow: you pulling all nighters?

Jupiter: more or less. (Turns to the others) I'm glad to have heard you all made it out of the fall. How are the others?

Nikki: I haven't heard from them in a while. Last I heard, Blake's MIA, Týra's still with Yang, and Vali's still in a coma.

Jupiter: they're powerful warriors. I'm sure they'll be alright.

Ruby: thank you, Professor. But, where's the others?

Jupiter: it's better we talk to Leo. Come with me.

He leads them inside the academy. As they walked, they noticed the school was quite and looked abandoned. They finally made it to the head master's office, and meet up with Leo Lionheart.

Lionheart: hello, Jupiter. Qrow, what brings you here?

Qrow: uh, we're supposed to be here? You didn't wait outside for us.

Lionheart: huh? (Pulls a pocket watch from his coat and checking it) oh, right. Apologies. I guess time slipped away from me.

Qrow: you're joking.

Jupiter: Headmaster, allow me to introduce the students from Beacon Academy.

Ruby: I'm Ruby Rose.

Jaune: Jaune Arc.

Nora: Nora Valkyrie.

Ren: Lie Ren.

Nikki: Nikki Tanaka.