~Twelve~

Image above is Steve

LARI'S POV

I went out this morning to go and hang out with Steve and coming back to see mommy beating Tobi. I really don't like the fact that somebody cannot have an atom of peace and quiet in this house.

Simi and I have succeeded in getting Tobi away from mother as we both try to calm her nerves down in the living room.

"Mommy, just relax" Simi said to mother as we both sat by her side on the sofa.

"So Tobi my child can disobey me....Emi!"

"But mommy why can't you allow Tobi to hang out with Mike na, she likes the guy and it's obvious that he likes her tooo....Considering all the things he bought her" I said, sick and tired of mommy yelling and fighting because of who Tobi is going out with.

After all she's old enough to live her life.

Mother turned to me sharply with that stink sneer on her face, "That man is using Tobi for juju....Bẹẹni, O n nlo ayanmọ rẹ lati ra handbag ati human hair" (Yes, he is using her destiny to buy handbag and human hair)

"Mommy nobody knows that yet, your assumption might be clearly wrong" Simi said

"Will you keep quiet, So I'm lying ahbi. When the Lord revealed to me in a trance that____"

"___That what mommy!!.ah ah, it's not everything you use God and cover up. Please mommy stop all this your tan trums" I said, throwing my face in the opposite direction to avoid eye contact.

"Lari Bello....Ṣe emi ni o n ba sọrọ?" (is it me you're talking to?)

"No" I murmur to myself before she face me this night, I was in a good mood before I entered this house.

"You know what?.... Lari and I will just go and talk to Tobi" Simi said, grabbing her purse and standing up. She was just coming back from the office when she met the Nollywood that was showcasing in the living room.

"You better talk to her oh...Me that has husband, lemme go and prepare correct food for him" Standing and adjusting her clothe.

"Ahh, mommy... Ahbi our mouth dey" I said as she walked into the kitchen

"ọjẹun" (glutton) She answered back.

"Let's go and talk to Tobi, I'm tired abeg" Simi pulling my arm as I reluctantly stand up from the couch that I was soo comfortable in.

We walk up the long tiring spiral staircase before arriving at Tobi's room door. Getting in we met her bed filled with shopping bags, instead of her to be crying, she was blushing and giggling on the phone.

"No, hang up first.... Oya let's do it together.... Baby stop, your making me blush" She giggled on the phone not even noticing Simi and I that were standing right in front of her room door.

"Aunty" I called and she finally turned to look at us.

"Honeypie I'll call you later, I wanna handle something" She said, hanging up and turning fully to face us.

Who be the person she wan handle??

"Tobi, why did you disobey mother??" Simi starts

"Look, if you guys are here to finish up were mother stopped... I'm not really in the mood"

"Tobi" Simi called with a loving and caring voice as she sat beside Tobi on the bed.

Why is she being calm with this girl, Tobi needs strong hand and Simi is here listening and talking calmly with her.