Chapter 23

"How's your sleep, sweetie?" I asked my daughter who's on the phone. As I promised, I called her. Pero kahit hindi naman ako nag-promise, tatawag pa rin ako.

"I have a good sleep, Mommy. I dreamt about you." Sabi niya sa kabilang linya. I can see her lying on her stomach while facing the phone. She's still in her room wearing her pyjamas.

"Aww, you love me that much that even in your dream I was there."

"Of course, I love you so much, Mommy." She said, her smile wide.

I smiled. Oh, how I love to hear that everyday. Just hearing her said it with her angelic voice already made my day. "I love you too, my angel. So, what did I do in your dreams?" I drank my coffee. I am currently having my breakfast inside my room. Tinatamad akong bumaba kaya nagpa room service nalang ako.

"I dreamt that you are already here beside me, so I gave you a lot of kisses." She tells me, giggling.

My brows raised playfully as my smile can't seem to leave my face. "Oh, would you do that?"

"Opo!" Excited na aniya. Napatawa ako. My daughter is lovely. Gusto ko na tuloy agad umuwi para mayakap siya.

Bago pa ako makapagsalita, I suddenly heard a knock. I frown. Who would that be? Wala naman na akong pina deliver na pagkain. Siguro yung tagalinis?

"Wait, sweetie, someone's on the door." Paalam ko sa anak ko bago tumayo.

Naglakad ako papuntang pinto at binuksan ito para lang magulat nang makita ang taong kumatok. "Hi, good morning." It's none other than Kent.

"Good morning," I greeted back. "Do you need anything?" Pormal kong tanong. I don't know why he's knocking on my door so early in the morning. Mamaya pa naman kami bibisita sa lugar na pagtatayuan ng hotel resort.

"Uhm, I wonder if you could join me for breakfast." He answered, his voice sounds hopeful.

Napataas ang kilay ko. Can't he eat alone? "I'm currently having mine, so, no thanks." I said nonchalantly.

I can see dissapointment pass through his eyes. His shoulders slumped down. "Uh, then I guess I have to go. I'll see you later." He then said.

I didn't bother replying and just close the door before he could even leave. I don't care if I'm being disrespectful and unprofessional.

"Who is that, Mommy? I heard a man's voice." Rinig ko'ng tanong ng anak ko nang makabalik ako sa dining table. Since malapit lang ang dining table sa pinto, kaya siguro narinig niya ang boses ni Kent.

I smiled at her. "Just my colleague, sweetie." Her perfectly-shaped beautiful eyebrows, met. She seems to be thinking who that is. "Aren't you going to prepare yet? You still have your class."

I laugh a little at her reaction when I said that. She seems to have forgotten about her class today. "OMG! Thank you for reminding me about it, Mommy. I need to prepare now!" Parang natataranta niyang sabi kaya mas natawa ako. My daughter can be a little dramatic sometimes.

"Go and take a bath now. I'll call you again later before you go to sleep, Okay?" I speak.

"Okay, Mommy!"

"Be a good girl, okay. Don't stress your Grandmy and Granddy." I reminded her. Pero kahit di ko sabihin yun, alam ko nama'ng magbe-behave pa rin siya. At her age, she already knows how to be mature. Kahit noong na sa Australia pa kami, kahit iwan ko siyang mag-isa sa bahay ay alam na niya kung ano ang dapat at hindi dapat gawin.

"Opo, Mommy. I love you po!" She says, smiling at the camera.

"I love you more, sweetie. I'll see you in three days." Is what I said before turning off the call. I sighed and finished my breakfast.

After eating my breakfast, I took a shower and readying myself for the day.

"Miss Andrada, you're finally here!" Napalingon ako sa boses. A man in formal suit came over towards my direction.

"Gion," I acknowledged him. "Are the others already here?" Si Gion ang naka-assign na mag-oversee dito kapag naka under construction na ang Hotel Resort.

"Yes, Miss Andrada." He answered politely as he lead the way. I can feel Kent following behind me. We came here together because he insisted na doon na ako sumakay sa kotse niya. At syempre tumanggi ako because I have my own car and I don't like to be with him. Unfortunately, my car chose that moment to be dramatic. Hindi siya nag-start kaya ayon, wala akong ibang choice kundi ang sumabay sa kanya, much to my dismay. Matatagalan pa kasi ako if I waited for a cab.

Ang loko naman, ayon ang laki ng ngiti. But I never talked to him while on the way. Though he tried to start a conversation but I stayed silent in my seat, just looking outside the windows until we reached here. I don't wanna have a conversation with him if it's not about business because there's nothing we need to talk about except that.

Nilibot muna nami ang buong lugar bago pag-usapan ang plano sa gagawing Hotel Resort.

While looking around the place, I was amazed by its beauty. The place is wide at may dagat pa, fit for a hotel resort. I can already imagine its outcome when the construction is done. I'm sure this will be filled with tourists who wants to relax and enjoy.

After the sightseeing, we went to a small cabin to talk with the Architect and Civil Engineer about the construction plan.

The small cabin looks like a small office good for five to eight people. Mabuti at may ganito dito para may mapag-meetingan. There's a round table with eight chairs in it. The four chairs are already seated, three malesn and one female.

Lumapit ako sa table. "Miss Andrada, they will be the people encharge of the construction." Geon said, motioning the four people.

"Hi, I am Zane Andrada, CEO of AYC." Pakilala ko and gave them a small smile.

The four of them also smiled and introduced themselves one by one. Nagpakilala rin si Kent sa kanila.

After the introduction, we all seated and started the meeting. Medyo matagal rin bago natapos ang usapan. I love their ideas but I also shared mine as well as Kent.

It's already lunch when the meeting finished.

"Thank you so much for chosing our company for this project, Miss Andrada." Drave said as he offered his hand for a handshake. He's the civil engineer.

I smiled and shake his hand. "No worries, I hope to have a happy cooperation with you. And since we'll be working together from now on, just call me Zane. Drop the formalities."

"Yeah, sure." Drave smiled, our hands are still connected.

Before I can remove my hand from his, someone already did. I frown at the culprit, which is no other than Kent. "What?"

"Enough with the handshake and stop smiling." He said with his clenched jaw, he looks like he wants to break someone's bone. What's wrong with him? And who is he to order me what to do?

Instead of arguing with him, I just rolled my eyes and turned back to Drave who's slightly shaking his head at Kent's reaction. Parang may alam siya kung ano ang nangyari kay Kent dahil may maliit na ngiti na nakapaskil sa kanyang labi.

"Thank you, Drave. I'll see you tomorrow. Mauna na ako." Paalam ko. Nag-paalam rin ako sa iba nami'ng kasama at pati kay Geon bago lumabas ng cabin.

I heard someone's footsteps behind me and I knew it was Kent. "Let's have a lunch first." Sabi niya.

"No, thanks." I immediately declined. "Magca-cab nalang ako pabalik ng hotel. Thank you for the ride earlier." I informed nang hindi tumitigil sa paglalakad.

"No, I won't let you do that. You're going with me." Bago pa man ako makahakbang ulit, pinigil niya ako sa pamamagitan ng paghila sa kamay ko dahilan para mapaharap ako sa kanya.

"Ano ba?! Let me go!" Pagpumiglas ko pero hindi siya natinag.

"I'll let you go if you eat lunch with me." He's staring at me intently while saying that. Here he goes again with that I'll let you go thing! Hindi niya ba naririnig ang sinabi ko? Sinabi ng ayaw ko eh!

"Sino ka ba para diktahan ako kung ano ang gagawin ko?! Wala kang karapatan na pilitin ako sa mga hindi ko gusto!" Bulyaw ko sa kanya. Nakakarami na siya. Hindi pa ba sapat yung panggugulo niya sa office ko araw-araw? Nakakainis na talaga siya!