Chapter 20

KENT

After Zane left the restaurant, I turned to Kyla as I tried to removed her hands from my arms.

"What are you doing here, Kyla?" Mariin kong tanong. I am quite mad because she ruined my time with Zane.

"I am here to see you. Aren't you happy?" She says, smiling. "And I already missed you. So since I'm here, why don't we have our lunch?"

Napabuntong-hininga ako. "I already had my lunch." I answered grimly.

"Oh, then how about we go shopping?" She offered.

"Kyla, please stop this. I already told you that we're over, didn't I?" Mahinahon kong sabi sa kanya.

"No! I won't give up until you came back to me!" Singhal niya. Napailing nalang ako.

The moment I realized that I love Zane and found out that she was my childhood sweetheart, I broke up with Kyla. Because I don't want to be with her while my heart was with another woman.

I explained everything to her and told her my true feelings. I can see how hurt she is but it's better done than never. I thought she agreed, however, she says that she'll chase after me until I come back to her and she's persistent.

Kyla is a great woman, I can say. She stands up on her own when her parents died at the age of nineteen. She works hard just to feed herself and continue her study since she has no one other than herself.

We met at a restaurant where she works as a waitress. I saw how a hard worker she was, that's why I admired her and eventually, I fell in love with her. I courted her for a few months until we became official. She's my first girlfriend and thought of her as the woman I'll grow old with.

However, my parents dislike her for some unknown reason and tried to make me break up with her but I didn't. Instead, I continued my relationship with her and ignored whatever they say about Kyla. Without realizing that I slowly became distant towards my parents.

And then years passed by, my parents told me that I'm bound to marry someone. I was so angry at them because I thought it was one of their scheme to break me and Kyla apart. I never wanted to marry anyone else except for Kyla.

But then, Zane came into the picture. And when she left, it made me realize things. When I was with Kyla, I slowly lost my relationship with my parents. And Kyla was slowly becoming toxic. She's slowly trying to take me away from my parents.

When my parents found out how much I hurt Zane, they never talked to me again, specially my mother. I understand her, because I know how fond she is with Zane and treat her like a daughter. My father will only talk to me if it concerns our business and that's it.

And now that Zane is back, I'm planning to pursue her and make it up with her. I want to fulfill my promise to her before I left when we were kids.

I want to fulfill it not because it's a duty but because I love her.

I failed her once—I had forgotten her—and now, I'll make sure that I won't make the same mistake again.

Without another word, I walked out of the restaurant. I can hear Kyla calling my name but I didn't bother to look back.

I walked towards my car but before I could get in, Kyla was already holding my arm. "Please, Kent. What do you want me to do in order for you to take me back? Tell me. I'll do everything, just tell me." She begged.

I coldly glance at her. Her eyes are begging. "You don't need to do anything, Kyla because I won't take you back."

With that, I hopped in inside my car and drove back to my company. As I walk back towards my office, my secretary immediately greeted me when I passed by her table.

"Good afternoon po, Sir."

"Good afternoon," I greeted back and was about to open my office' door but my secretary called me, stopping me.

"Uh, nandiyan po pala sina Sir Bryan at Sir Kev." She informed.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko. What are those two idiots doing here? "Kanina pa sila rito?" I asked.

Lorie immediately nodded her head. "Opo. Sinabi ko ng wala ka dito pero pumasok pa rin po sila sa office mo at sinabing maghihintay daw sila."

I heaved a sigh and dismissed her. I don't know what those two are doing here but well, they always come here without notice.

I shake my head before opening my office' door. I immediately saw my friends sitting in the couch comfortably as if they aren't in someone's office while drinking some alcohol. Tsk. Pinakialaman pa ang mga alak ko.

"What are you two doing here?" Their head immediately snapped at me.

"Hey, man!" Bryan gretted when I approached. I tsked and sat down at the single couch.

"What's up?" Kev questioned as he handed me a glass with alcohol in it. Between my friends, Kev is the serious type of man while Bryan is playful. Two different people but are friends.

"I heard Zane is already the one who managed their company." Bryan interjected.

"Yeah. I'm currently working a new project with her." I said.

I remember the day when Dad told me about Tito Zig's plan on building a new resort. It caught my interest since I was still planning on how I would approach Zane and win her back. And since I knew that she's already the CEO of their company—means she'll be handling the project, I told Dad that I will invest in the project, making that my way to be near her.

Suddenly, the scene when I met her again and the scene a few days ago flashed in my mind. She was with a kid. Not just a kid but her daughter. I was shock that she already has a daughter—means, she met a man after me and they have a daughter.

It pains me knowing that. I can't help but think back when she was still with me. What if I tried to love her? What if I remember her sooner? Maybe we would be happy and have a child now.

I still wonder who's the father of her daughter. I almost lose hope when I found out that she has a daughter but when I didn't see a ring in her ring finger, my hope rise up. It means I still have a chance to win her back.

"How's it going?" Kev's question snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I'm planning to win her back." I drank down my drink. "Well, not just her. I also need to win her parents and daughter."

Both of them gave me confused look. "Daughter?"

I heaved a sigh. "Yeah. She has a daughter."

"Oh. That's fucked up, man. What about her daughter's father? Aren't they married yet?" Bryan asked, seeming curious.

"I didn't see a ring in her ring finger yet. So that means I still have a chance to get her back."

"Well, good luck." Bryan tapped my shoulder.

Really a good luck to me.