Chapter 30: Graduation Ball

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Tapos nakita ko 'yong phone ni Trev naka-plug in doon sa laptop. No'ng oras na 'yon hindi ko alam na si Lumi ang kumuha ng phone ni Trev. Kaya hindi ko talaga alam ang gagawin ko no'ng nakita ko 'yong phone ng kambal ko doon. Halong gulat at taranta ang naramdaman ko. Bago pa ako makagawa ng paraan ay dumating na si Trev at ang iba pa nating mga kaklase. Nakita nila na phone ni Trev 'yong naka-plug in." Napadiin ang pagkakahawak niya sa 'kin.

"Na-set up siya, Feem. At ayokong maging masama ang tingin mo sa kanya kapag nalaman mo na phone niya 'yon. Na sa kanya galing 'yong video. I love him more than anything, and you know that. Mahal ko ang kambal ko kaya inako ko. I made a scene there, Feem. I yelled your name, saying you deserve to be destroyed. I did that para isipin nilang lahat na ako 'yong nagkalat no'ng video kahit phone ni Trev ang naka-plug in do'n. They believed me."

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang sasabihin ko.

Hindi pa rin maproseso ng utak ko lahat ng nalalaman ko. It's just too much for me.

Bakit parang kasalanan ko pa?

"But I was stunned when I saw you there, standing at one corner. The way you stared at me—hindi ko 'yon matanggap. You also believed it was me, and that broke my heart," she said in a wistful voice.

I scoffed in disbelief.

It's really heartbreaking—knowing the truth after believing a lie.

"Why are you telling me this now, Rara?" My voice cracked, feeling the pressure from my chest. I just can't believe how everything turned out.

"Same reason why I lied to you last year." She paused and flashed me a weak smile. "To protect my twin," she continued, wiping the tears off her cheek.

"He loves you so much, Feem. And I love you too, so much. I don't expect you to forgive me, but my twin doesn't deserve the hate."

A sharp pain surged through after hearing those words.

With a heavy heart, I cried in front of her. I'm done holding back my tears in front of my best friend.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you, Ra. I'm sorry I—"

"Oh my God, no! None of it was your fault! I didn't tell you all that to make you feel sorry!" she yelled, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm sorry, Feem. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I'm sorry." Her voice was shaking, hugging me tighter.

"Thank you for clearing things up for me."

"Oh, come on. There's nothing to be thankful for! It took me a long time before saying the truth. Nasaktan kita, iniwan kita—"

"Did you really love Denver?" bigla kong tanong kaya napakalas siya sa yakap.

She stared at me and laughed her heart out. Like what I said was the funniest thing to ask.

"No! I just dated him because I had to. I had to make you hate me," she said, avoiding my eyes. "What I did was honestly immature."

I raised a brow at her because I just caught her lying.

"You love him," I said, flashing her a genuine smile.

Agad siyang natigilan at napatitig sa 'kin. Napabuntonghininga siya. "Honestly, no'ng una, I dated him because I had to. Pero no'ng tumagal, no'ng nakilala ko na siya, nahulog na 'yong loob ko sa kanya. Denver was a nice guy, Feem. He made me happy, but I can never make him happy because he's still in love with you. It was always you, Feem. He left you but his feelings for you was always there," she said, holding back her tears but she failed.