chapter forty-one

Start from the beginning

"No babe, please don't shoot me" I groaned.

"Why shouldn't I shoot you" He replied, still holding up his gun as I took a step forward, making him look very serious about this game.

"Because if you don't shoot me, I'll be happy" I said, taking another step forward and stopping in front of him. "And when I'm happy..." I lent in closer, sliding my free hand under Harry's top to sit on his chest. Harry's breath hitched ever so slightly, as his green irises stared down at me. "I think you know what happens when I'm happy" I whispered, leaning in closer so my breath fanned his lips.

Harry's hand fell to his side, as he lent down to close the very small gap between us. I took my chance and lifted my gun, shooting the Nerf bullet into his side.

"What?!" Harry stepped back, looking at me with shock. "You can't- that's not- no" Harry groaned. A laugh escaped my lips as I quickly ran from my room, proud of my accomplishment.

"Bet you wish I was on your team now!" I shouted, racing out the door only to be shot in my chest. I wheeled around to Matt who was giving me a cocky grin. "Are you kidding me?" I groaned. My eyes flickered over to Ally who was standing not far behind Matt, holding her gun up.

"Why re you smiling? You should be-" Matt quickly turned around, realising there could be only one reason as to why. He locked eyes with Ally who instantly shot him.

"YES!" I screamed, throwing my head back with a laugh as Matt groaned and Harry came out of my room.

"How did you get shot?" Matt asked, pointing to Harry.

"Your sister" Harry said. I looked over to him, making my way back towards him and stopping in front of him. He looked down at me, refusing to smile or laugh. I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, only causing his eyebrows to form a deep V.

"Who won?" I turned around as Tommy came into view. He glanced between Harry and Matt, and his lips turned upwards.

"So much for being 'no good' and 'not knowing how to use a gun'" I said to him. Harry placed his hands on my stomach, pulling me back towards him. Tommy laughed both in disbelief and happiness.

"I am so having you on my team again" He said.

"Hello? Are you forgetting about the other girl who also shot down the other team?" Ally said, tapping her foot and waving her hand. Tommy glanced over to Ally and his smile only widened.

"Matt you suck" Tommy laughed, resulting in a punch in his shoulder from Matt. He rubbed his arm before turning to me. "Can we watch a movie together?" He asked, looking at me for approval. I looked over to Harry who was also looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, we can watch a movie. Go pick one out" I chuckled, ruffling Tommy's hair. 

"No, you chose the worst movies- Tommy wait up!" Matt shouted, running down stars after Tommy. Ally turned to Harry and I.

"I guess you want some alone time before we all take it away, so I'll leave you two to... do whatever girlfriend and boyfriends do" Ally said, turning around to walk away. 

"Hold on" Harry said, causing her to stop and turn around. "I want to know about the boy you liked. Did you talk to him?" Harry asked. I had completely forgotten about Ally's phone call before Christmas, asking about the boy she liked. I don't think Ally thought Harry would remember either.

"Well I don't like him anymore" Ally shrugged, causing Harry to frown. "He said girls can't do anything but cook and clean" I cocked up my eyebrows at Ally's words, suddenly glad she didn't like this dick head anymore.

"Well he's wrong. Girls can do anything they put their minds to and you shouldn't listen to a word he says" Harry said, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I know" Ally shrugged. "He's an idiot and he obviously hasn't seen a girl have a Nerf war" She added before walking off without another word. Harry turned to me, taking a step towards me once again.

"She's smart for her age" Harry said. "Reminds me of you" I smiled up at Harry before he lent down, pressing his lips against mine and resting his hands on my bum.

"Ew can you- can you not do that in the middle of the hallway" Harry and I pulled away at Tommy's voice to find him, Matt and Ally were already back upstairs with without a movie in hand. Tommy looked disgusted, Ally looked like she was trying to hold back her laugh and Matt was glaring at us.

"Watch your hands" Matt said, his eyes narrowed after obviously just seeing Harry had his hands on my bum.

"Mathew Mosley mind your own business. You'll be having your hands on another girls bum when your older" Ally said, causing Matt to look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm not married" Matt replied. I looked at him with the uttermost confusion.

"Harry and I aren't married. What has being married got to do with- you know what, doesn't matter. Are we watching this movie?"

"Yes" Tommy piped. "But I want to watch it in a fort so we're gonna have to pick something on Netflix"

"Rightio, a fort it is" I said, tangling my fingers in Harry's and leading the way to my bedroom.

Okie dokie, so I guess this is Harry's first introduction to Emily's family :)