chapter eleven

Emily

It had been a few days since Harry and Niall had organised for 5SOS to come and stay with us. They were planning on coming here on the 23rd and then were going to leave on the 24th. The same morning Harry was leaving.

"A week and 1 day till Christmas!" I shouted excitedly as I walked out of my bedroom. It was very clear to anyone that laid eyes on me, that I was very excited for Christmas.

I sat down on the couch, sandwiching myself in between Harry and the arm rest. I crossed my legs and faced him, Niall and Molly. 

"We should do a secret santa!" Molly said as her eyes flickered over all of us.

"I'm down" Harry shrugged with Niall and I both agreeing as well.

"I hope I get you baby" Niall said to Molly as he placed a kiss on her lips.

"No I hope I get you baby" Molly giggled as she placed an even sloppier kiss on Niall's lips.

"Get a room" Harry said as he pretended to make a gagging face. Niall and Molly both looked at Harry before turning back to each other. They kept their eyes on Harry but lent in and began making out.

"Stop you've crossed the line. We can stand small pecks but full on making out is a big no" I said. They both let out a chuckle in their kiss before Molly climbed onto Niall's lap, making there kiss look more and more heated. 

"Stop!" Harry yelled as he quickly turned to face me on the couch. He shielded my eyes with his large hands before burying his head in my lap. 

"Did you say keep going?" Niall teased as Molly began to fake moaning noises. That was enough for Harry and he stood up as fast as he could. I got up not even a second after him and followed him, finding it was my room he was escaping to.

. . .

Niall held out the small bowl with our names inside. Molly had asked if we could start secret santa straight away. She was convinced she was getting Niall and wanted to think of the best gift. We had told her countless amount of times she might not get him but she shrugged it off and continued asking.

Harry reached into the bowl and pulled out a small piece of paper. He opened it as Molly grabbed another from the bowl. Molly's eyes lit up and I knew she had gotten Niall. Niall reached in after Molly leaving me with the last piece of paper. I unfolded it and read the name. Harry. 

I don't know what I was supposed to get Harry. My mind began racing over what I could get him. I still had 5 days to find something because we had planned that we would give the gifts the day before Luke, Michael, Ashton and Calum got here. My head continued to spin through all the possibilities. 

I pulled my attention from my thoughts and to Molly, Harry and Niall. Harry was sitting with leg resting against his other as he stared at Molly. Niall was sitting beside an excited Molly who was trying to get a glimpse of who he got.

"Stop!" Niall laughed as Molly tickled him at the same time as trying to get his paper. Molly kept going and so Niall shoved the small piece of paper in his mouth. I got up from the couch and made my way to my room, leaving Harry, Niall and a now pouting Molly.

I grabbed my laptop and sat down on my bed, sliding my legs under my duna cover and getting myself comfortable. I opened up netflix as a distraction for what to get Harry. There was no point getting worked up over what to get him today, I could figure it out tomorrow.

As I went to press play on 'Love Actually' there was a knock at my door. I let out a groan but stayed where I was. I was comfortable and didn't want to move.

"You can come in, I'm not getting up" I told whoever was behind the door. Harry came in, shutting the door behind him and sat beside me. He rested his hands under his head and leaned back against my bedhead.

"Love Actually?" He asked me after he'd glanced down at my computer screen.

"Yes, and if you have a problem you can find something else to do because this is the good movie" I huffed at him.

"It's my favourite movie doufas" He chuckled.

"Your favourite movie is Love Actually?" I laughed, not believing him and keeping my eyes on the paused movie that was yet to start.

"Yes, greatest romcom of all time" He responded. I shifted my body and looked up to him with a confused expression. His green irises were already looking straight down to my blue ones.

"You don't believe me!" Harry laughed. He must have noticed the confusion on my face.

"No, I'm just... surprised" I replied honestly. Harry continued to laugh and I rolled my eyes before playing the movie. 

. . .

Harry and I had finished the movie a while ago. We were now sitting down back down on the couch with Molly and Niall.

"We need to head off" Niall sighed as he patted his thighs.

"Why?" Molly whined.

"We have to pick up Theo for Greg" Niall replied before placing a small kiss on her lips.

"Fine" She groaned. Both Harry and Niall stood up.

"See ya Emily" Niall said before holding his fist out.

"Bye" I responded as I fist bumped him. This was something we had started to do not long ago. Fist bumping each other in hello and goodbye.

"Bye dumbie" Harry said before ruffling my hair.

"Would you leave already" I groaned at him as I fixed my hair. 

"Would you leave already" He mocked on his way out. I chose to ignore his words and rested my head back against the couch.

I heard the door close, signalling Niall and Harry had left. Molly came back into the living room seconds after.

"I was thinking of going out and looking for a present for Niall, wanna come?" She asked me as she grabbed her purse from the coffee table.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here. Maybe go through the applications we've gotten for the cafe" I told her. Molly and I had gotten quite a few applications after we'd put posters in the windows of the cafe and around the town with the help of Harry and Niall.

"Have fun" She said sarcastically.

"Oh I will" I responded with just as much sarcasm. Molly let out a chuckle before leaving the living room. I headed to my room, grabbing my laptop, pencil case and notebook, and taking it back out to the living room. I always felt more motivated when I wasn't in my room, purely because I was always watching movies or sleeping in there. But if I had to work there I was able to manage.

I grabbed the applications from the kitchen counter on my way. Then, setting everything down on the coffee table in the living room, I got to work.

Another chapter down. This one's really just a filler chapter but he next one's gonna be goood!