chapter forty-one

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know you were here yet" Mum said, coming over and wrapping me in a warm hug.

"I'm surprised you didn't here Ally, Matt and Tommy" I chuckled before pulling away. 

I looked up at Harry, interlocking out hands once again before looking back at Mum and Dad. I could already tell this was going to be the typical 'family meets boyfriend for first time' kind of introduction.

"This is Harry" I said with a small smile. Dad came over, holding out his hand for Harry to shake. Harry took his hand and I could tell by the slight squeeze he gave, that he was trying to give of the typical protective Dad vibe. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't working and he just looked ridiculous... at least that's how it looked to me. I bit my tongue, suppressing my laugh as Mum looked down at Dad's hand with furrowed eyebrows, obviously noticing the overly tight squeeze.

"Mark" Dad said to Harry, his voice lower then usual causing me and Mum to give each other a look.

"Pleasure to meet you Mark" Harry replied with a smile before turning to Mum. "You as well Mrs Mosley" Mum waved her hand, with a chuckle.

"Please Harry, call me Kate" She said, pulling him into a hug, making Harry let go of my hand in the process.

"Ok, well this was just embarrassing to watch and I wasn't even apart of it" Matt said, causing everyone to turn to him. "But now that the awkward introduction is over, can we please play Nerf now" He added, making Ally punch his arm.

"They need to get to know each other dummie" She said through gritted teeth, trying to be quiet but failing.

"Why don't you guys play without us. We'll join you when we're ready" I said, a hint of desperation in my voice, telling him he really needed to drop the idea. Matt groaned and collapsed onto the couch, flopping his hands out beside him. I waited for him to leave but when he stayed where he was, Ally took his hand, dragging him out of the room and grabbing Tommy on the way out.

I had never seen my family warm up to someone so quickly. Dad dropped his over protective Dad act within five minutes and ended up having many laughs with Harry. Mum also couldn't contain her laughter or smiles. Ally, Matt and Tommy had all told Harry countless amount of stories about nothing in particular. I was unable to keep in my smile over the interaction between everyone.

We were currently playing the Nerf war that Matt had been so desperately asking for throughout all of dinner. I had told him we could once we'd cleaned up dinner but Mum and Dad just shook us off, telling us they could do the cleaning themselves.

Matt had of course teamed up with Harry, and Tommy and Ally teamed up together. When it came to who was having me, I thought that everyone would be fighting over the extra person on their team, but it was the complete opposite. Ally, Matt and Tommy were fighting over who's not having me. And after five minutes of constant back and forth bickering from the three and laughter from Harry... Ally and Tommy ended up getting me. The both spent another two minutes complaining because apparently I was 'no good' and 'didn't know how to work a gun'. But eventually, the game finally started with Tommy still muttering under his breath about how it wasn't fair that Matt gets Harry and doesn't have to have me.

The game had been going on for ten minutes, and I had spent the whole ten minutes hiding in the wardrobe on Ally and Tommy's demand. They said that apparently they had a better chance of winning if I just hid instead of trying to attack.

I heard my bedroom door open and when I looked through the wardrobe crack, it was none other then Harry. Sick of having to hide, I slowly opened the door, coming up with a plan on the spot. Harry wheeled around to face me but I quickly held up my hands.