Chapter 8

No one's POV

A few days have passed and the couple finally got an appointment with Emma today after dinner.

During dinner, Hope who was sitting next to her girlfriend, joined by the other members of the Super Squad, was more quiet than usual as she silently enjoyed her meal.

The tribrid was deep in thought. She knew that going to therapy wasn't a sign of failure but it still scared her. She doesn't like to talk about her feeling and doesn't open up to many people. Yes, she likes Emma and trusts her, but talking about her deepest feelings was something else, something she was a little anxious about.

During dinner Josie sensed that something was off with Hope but she didn't address it, knowing that Hope hated talking about such things in public. Josie respects her girlfriends privacy and boundaries, knowing how important they are to Hope. Not like the late boyfriend they both had in common. Yes, people shouldn't talk badly about the dead, but it is a known fact that Landon didn't respect Hope's privacy, nor her boundaries.

So, Josie just squeezed her girlfriends hand, letting her feel that she was there and feeling that Josie was there did make Hope slightly feel better.

Everyone parted their ways after dinner. On their way to Emma's office Josie pulled her and Hope quickly into an empty classroom so they'd have some privacy.

"Hey are you okay?" Josie asked concerned.

"No." Hope admitted with a shaky breath.

"Hey, it's okay I'm here." Josie reassured her and pulled her into a comforting hug.

After what seemed like forever, Hope's breathing finally calmed down.

"Hey it's okay. I'll be by your side the whole time. I'm not leaving except if you want me too. Okay? I'm here for you." Josie reassured Hope, saying exactly what she needed, as they pulled away from the hug, still holding each other.

Moments like these made Hope fall in love with Josie even more. She never pushed her and somehow always knew what Hope needed, giving her a constant feeling of being safe with her. Little did Hope know that she had the same effect on Josie.

"I love you so much." Hope said, thankful to have Josie in her life.

"I love you too." Josie said, before they both leaned into a short but loving kiss.

"Do you still want to do this?" Josie carefully asked, shortly after they pulled away.

"Yeah, we both need this." Hope admitted and she was right.

Josie took Hope's hand in hers, as they continued their way to Emma's office, holding hands, not caring who had seen them.

IN EMMA'S OFFICE

"Hello girls, please come in." Emma kindly greeted them with her cheerful smile. Everyone likes Emma. How could they not? She is always such a kind person full of good energy.

Her office was big but not too huge. It looked like a typical office but also included a giant sofa full of blankets and pillows to make her patients feel as comfortable as possible, a comfortable chair where Emma usually sits and a small coffee table between the sofa and Emma's chair.

"Would you like some tea?" Emma offered and the girls happily accepted. (Who also loves "Tea with Karen"?)

After Emma gave them their tea everyone got comfortable in the room. The couple was already cuddled up with each other enjoying the comfortable blankets, pillows and each other's company, while Emma was also comfortably sitting on her chair.