Chapter 6

No one's POV

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Time has gone by and things have started to get back to normal. By now everyone has realized that the two have officially gotten together. It's not like they made a big deal of it, but the school isn't very big and teenagers like to talk. Many students are calling them the newest power couple, while a few were thinking that their relationship was "disrespectful" and weird, as they both share the same boyfriend, who recently died. Hope and Josie couldn't care less about what other people are thinking, especially the students who they aren't friends with and therefore didn't matter to them.

It's still weird for Lizzie to see her sister and her best friend together. Many months ago, when Hope and Lizzie were fighting the truth seeking monster, right before Josie gave everyone their memories back, Lizzie never in a million years thought that her sister and now best friend would become a couple. But she knows that they both have been having feelings for each other for years and she now sees how happy they make each other. Therefore, she can't really complain, doesn't mean that she's holding her humor back though.

Rafael doesn't blame either of them, he wants both of them to be happy, especially Hope. Sure, part of him wished that he would be the one who would make Hope happy. But he knows that this could never happen.

Although Josie is the headmasters daughter and Hope is his right hand, they unfortunately couldn't receive extra treatment all the time. With both of them having to get back on track with their studies and Hope helping Alaric and Caroline to find the necromancer, who still possesses Josie's dark magic inside of him, the new couple didn't have much time for each other. Yes, they did often quickly steal kisses before classes, but the last few weeks have been stressful. Even Hope got tired with her tribrid stamina.

Freya left a few days after she and Hope had their deep talk on the park bench but promised to be back again and Hope promised to visit.

Bonnie actually decided to stay. She spend years traveling around the world and met so many other witch covens. She never managed to find love again after Enzo died, but after so many years that have passed, she really wanted to settle down again, at least for a while and she really liked the Salvatore School. She wants to pass on all the knowledge she has, not only about magic but also the supernatural world and everything she learned in the past years. So, Alaric and Caroline, who are currently co-headmaster and co-headmistress decided to give Bonnie her own class for advanced students, including Hope, Josie, Lizzie and a few more students. The students felt honored and excited to be elected for this class. Being taught by the legendary Bonnie Bennett is a huge honor.

Bonnie was currently teaching her small class of advanced students something about a special coven of witches she met during her travels but Hope already knew that from one of her families stories. Seriously, Hope could already teach her own class with all the knowledge and abilities she has learned from her family. Her mind wandered somewhere else, or better said to someone else. That someone was her girlfriend Josie, who was currently sitting between Hope and Lizzie. A part of her still couldn't believe that the beautiful, brave, kind, selfless, super sweet and gorgeous Josette Olivia Saltzman is her girlfriend. Then she thought about the last few weeks, how she wished she could've spent more time with Josie, as their relationship has just begun. She thought about everything they could've done together, instead of hunting down clues with her girlfriends parents and studying everything she had missed in the last few months.

It was Friday afternoon when Hope got a text from Alaric while she was in her room studying.

Alaric: Training tomorrow is cancelled. I'm away for the weekend to follow a lead. I'll inform you about everything when I'm back on Monday. Take the weekend off! You deserve a break! Have fun, but not too much fun! You and I still need to have a little talk about you and Josie!