Chapter 7

A/N: The following chapters will include various mental health topics. I'm not a therapist, but I'm trying my best. You have been warned.

No one's POV

When someone is happy and in love you'd expect that their sleep would be full of sweet dreams, often including the person someone is in love with. But that night, rather than having sweet dreams about Josie, Hope had a nightmare. A nightmare about the last person she wanted to think about.

HOPE'S NIGHTMARE

Everything was dark. She could barely see her own hands in front of her. It appeared to be that she was back inside Malivore. But something was different this time. She was alone and Clark was nowhere to be seen. A part of her wasn't sure if this was a nightmare or real. When she quietly mumbled a spell and moved her hands to make a light in it, she finally saw that she wasn't as alone as she first thought.

"Landon?" Seeing his face shocked her, as she believed to never see it again.

"Did you miss me?" He simply asked, but she couldn't make any sound, still in shock.

"Well I mean how could you miss me, being so occupied with Josie." He stated, making her mad.

"What are you talking about?" She asked, confused and angry.

"I'm just stating the facts of how quickly you moved on after me, your boyfriend who you loved, has died." He explained.

"Or did you ever really love me Hope? Because how can someone move on so quickly after someone they loved has died? Especially, when you were the reason I died." His words felt like cuts on her skin, extremely painful and harsh.

"How dare you?! I did everything in my power to safe you!" Hope defended herself. Her voice was angry and emotional, as she did her best to hold back tears.

"How dare you say this, when you never chose me, when you always chose her over me?!" There was no emotion in his voice, as Hope broke down on her knees crying.

"You know..." He kneeled down to her level before he whispered into her ear. "Maybe I would still be alive, if you had chosen me and not her."

She couldn't handle hearing his words, as she sat on the floor, crying and screaming.

BACK TO REALITY

She woke up the next morning, sweating and screaming. Alyssa was luckily wearing her ear buds, that she got herself from "Hope's Godzilla snoring". As always Alyssa was exaggerating. Yes, Hope is snoring, but it's more like a light quiet snore. Apparently not quiet enough for Alyssa, who is a light sleeper.

Hope was trying to pull herself back together.

'What the f*ck just happened?" She asked herself still in disbelieve.

She looked at her phone and saw that it was only 6am. Too early to start her day on a Sunday. But she didn't want to go to sleep again. She couldn't. She needed to clear her head and think everything through. So, she got out of bed and did the only thing that always helped her to clear her mind. She turned into her wolf and ran through the woods.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Days have passed and the nightmares haven't stopped. At first Hope did her best to ignore them and appeared to everyone else as if everything was fine, everyone except Josie. The brunette Saltzman twin realized that Hope has been off lately. It's as if sometimes she's totally present and the next moment she's in a completely different world, deep and thought. Hope has also been falling asleep during classes, which is very strange for the all-powerful tribrid, who usually has a lot of stamina. Josie has also tried talking to her girlfriend but Hope has just brushed it off every time, telling Josie that everything was fine. She wanted to believe her, as she also didn't want to be too pushy, but a part of her was telling her that a slight push was exactly what Hope needed and Josie was right. The all-powerful and very stubborn tribrid needed a small push sometimes. Josie couldn't ignore that something was obviously bothering the women she loved. She needed to do something and she already knew what.

Josie: Hallo my love. Please meet my at the Mill after classes today.❤️

Hope was a bit surprised to read Josies message, during one of the only classes that they didn't share together. It put a smile on her very tired face, that showed how sleep deprived she was.

As Hope reached the old Mill she immediately loved what she saw. Inside the old Mill was Josie sitting in a fort of blankets and pillows, lights were spread around, making everything look so cuddly and smooth. Sleeping there with Josie in her arms seemed like heaven for the sleep deprived tribrid. Josie somehow always knows what Hope needs, and this was exactly what she needed.

"Please let me finish before you say anything." Josie started, as she saw Hope, who nodded and let the witch take her hands in her own.

"I know I've asked you before if everything was okay and you said that you're fine, but I can see how tired you are. School hasn't been more than usual and you have even worked less with my dad, now that we still don't know where the Necromancer is and the monsters seemed to have disappeared. But, I can see how exhausted you are. You don't have to tell me what's wrong, I can be patient and I will always and forever be here for you, when you need me. I love you and I care about you. So please, for once let someone take care of you. Let me take care of you." During Josies little speech her chocolate brown eyes never left the ocean blue eyes of her girlfriend, who was taking in every word Josie said. It made her heart melt, especially when the woman she loves uses the words that are so sacred in her family. Josie knows the value that the words "Always and Forever" carry and she would never dare to use these words lightly.

In this moment Hope just fell more in love with the girl in front of her and pulled her into a sweet and passionate kiss. After the kiss ended Hope's arms were wrapped around Josie's waist, as one of Josie's hands was gently holding Hope's cheek, while the other was also wrapped around her waist.

"How do you always know exactly what I need?" Hope asked gently but curiously, as she relaxed her face against the touch of Josie's hand.

"Well, I've known you for over a decade, I love you and I've been having feelings for you for years. So, I guess I've been taking good attention." Josie said like it was no big deal, making Hope giggle.

They laid down on the comfortable fort that Josie made and were wrapped around blankets. Hope could've fallen asleep right this second but she wanted to enjoy this. She was in awe of her girlfriend and couldn't believe her luck.

"How could I not choose you?" Hope quietly asked herself, only realizing that she said in out loud when Josie gave her a questioning look.

Hope realized that Josie is too good to her to keep hiding her feelings away. So, she told her what has been bothering her. She told her about the nightmare that has been robbing her sleep for the last few nights.

Josie was sad to hear that Hope was still blaming herself, knowing that she shouldn't, as his death wasn't her fault, something that everyone has been telling her.

She was sad to hear how the woman she loved was suffering. She was silent for a moment, choosing her next words carefully.

"Remember how you told me in my subconscious to change the story?" Josie asked, receiving a nod from Hope.

"I think that you should change your own story too. I also think that after everything we both have been through, that we could use help to chance both of our stories. I know that you don't always like to talk about your feelings. I don't like it either. But, maybe if we both go see Emma, she could help us and we could do it together." Josie carefully suggested, trying her best not to push Hope.

Hope gave her a hesitant nod in agreement. She knew that Josie was right, no matter how much she didn't want to admit it.

"Just try to sleep okay? I'll be here when you wake up." Josie assured her.

Hope nodded again as she cuddled closer into her girlfriend.

"I love you so much." Hope said in a quiet and tired voice.

"I love you too, so much." Josie said, as she gave her shorter girlfriend a sweet kiss on her forehead.

Her sweet voice was the last thing Hope heard before she fell asleep.

For the first time in days, she wasn't haunted by any nightmares and slept like a baby.

Hallo everyone!

Please comment what you think! I always appreciate your comments!

I HOPE you like this chapter and are all safe and healthy! - N