Chapter 2

No one's POV

"I think I know how we can get Hope back." The powerful Bennett witch suddenly spoke again.

"How?" Josie curiously asked her aunt.

"You have to go back." Bonnie said looking at her brunette niece.

"What do you mean I have to go back?" Josie asked, not wanting to be right with her assumption.

"Josie, honey. It's simple. She is stuck in your subconscious that means that only you can get her back. But, that also means that you have to take your siphoning power back from the coin. I know it scares you but this is the only way to get Hope back." Bonnie explains.

Josie sights in defeat. She didn't feel ready to take her magic back, still feeling guilty for everything her darker self has done. But she would do anything to bring Hope back. They always put each other first, often without even realizing it.

"Okay, I'll do it." She agreed.

"Are you sure you want to do this Josie?" Lizzie asked concerned, knowing how guilty her twin was feeling for everything she has done.

"It's Hope. I have to do everything I can." Josie told her twin, receiving an understanding nod in return.

"Good. So, we'll do it tonight. I want to try something on Landon. But to be honest, I'm fearing it might be too late for him." Bonnie admitted giving the twins fearful looks.

"Girls try to get some rest in the meantime you'll need your energy." She continued.

"Why me?" Lizzie asked in confusion.

"I will guide the ceremony but as Josie will be vulnerable while being in her subconscious, she'll need an emotional anchor. As her twin, you're the best one to do that." Bonnie explained and she was right. An emotional anchor needed to be a person that shares an emotional bond with Josie.

A WHILE LATER

While Caroline was spending time with her girls, making sure that they would also get some rest before tonight, Bonnie went to Alaric's office, trying her best to safe Landon.

"Have you guys made any progress?" she asked into the room, filled with Alaric, Rafael, Kaleb and MG.

For being super natural's the boys looked exhausted.

"We tried everything. From our books, from yours, even gave him Hope's blood and nothing worked." MG said in frustration.

"Guys, we can't give up! There has to be something you can do!" Rafael pleaded, desperately looking at the powerful Bennett witch.

"Tell me exactly what you tried." Bonnie asked and so they did.

She was astonished by the amount of solutions they have tried and from her sense they seemed to have done everything right, but it still hasn't worked.

"I want to try one last thing." She told them and received a nod in approval. Alaric knew exactly what she was capable of. Kaleb and MG have heard enough in history class to trust her. Although Rafael didn't know as much, he trusted Dr. Saltzman. He knew the powerful witch was a close friend of Dr. Saltzman and if trusted her then Rafael was willing to do the same.

As Bonnie was once the bridge between life and death for supernatural beings she doesn't feel the pain anymore when they are passing to the afterlife but she can still feel it in her body if someone is beyond saving or if there still remains hope.

Alaric knew about that so he moved to the side giving Bonnie space as she walked over to Landon's lifeless body. The boys got the hint and followed Alaric's example.

Bonnie put one of her hands on Landon's head, the other on his heart and concentrated, deeply. She waited and waited but didn't feel anything, giving her the sign that Landon could not be saved, as he has already moved on to the afterlife. She pulled herself away from the dead body and looked at the others.

"I'm so sorry but there's nothing we can do. He already moved on to the afterlife." Bonnie told the others, trying to be as empathetic as possible.

The others looked at her in sad disbelieve and for a moment didn't dare to say a word.

"No, this can't be real! There has to be something that we can do!" Rafael nearly screamed as he got back to reality, not wanting to believe that his brother is dead.

"I'm so sorry Raf, but we can't do anything, he's dead." Alaric said, trying to hold his own tears back.

"NO! I won't believe this! WHO EVEN ARE YOU TO DECIDE THAT?!" he screamed in anger as his eyes turned gold, nearly attacking Bonnie if Kaleb and MG hadn't held him back. Not that she couldn't have taken care of herself.

"Do you even have an idea who she is? We've tried EVERYTHING! I'm sorry man but it's over!" MG said.

"I DON'T CARE WHO SHE IS!" The werewolf screamed as he tried to free himself from the vampires.

"I'm really sorry for your loss, I wish I could've helped more." Bonnie told the grieving werewolf and she meant it. But he couldn't hear her voice anymore.

In that moment Rafael wished to be a hybrid, so he could turn at will. He wanted to run but most importantly, he wanted to destroy something and that was much easier and enjoyable in wolf form. His anger was so big. He could've likely destroyed every tree in the woods, if he could've only turned, but he couldn't. So he chose the gym instead.

As he stormed out the others wanted to follow him but Bonnie held them back.

"Don't follow him. Let him grieve." Bonnie told them, understanding how Rafael was feeling right now, as she has lost too many loved ones in her life as well.

"I'm sorry for that Bonnie." Alaric apologized for his student.

"It's okay Ric. The boy just lost his brother. He's angry at the world right now. You and I both know how that feels." Alaric knew exactly what she meant. He knew how many she has lost and he himself has also lost too many loved ones in his life.

"Rest in peace friend." MG and Kaleb said and took a moment in silence to honor their friend, before they pulled a blanket over his lifeless body.

EVENING OF THE SAME DAY

On the way to the room of her nieces, Bonnie debated with herself if she should tell them that Landon is officially dead. Shortly before she entered their room she decided against it. Josie and Lizzie both needed to fully concentrate tonight if they wanted to safe Hope. She knew that Landon was Josie's boyfriend so she couldn't risk the news of his death to distract her nieces.

"Are you ready?" Bonnie asked as she entered the room, happy to see her nieces rested and laughing with their mom.

"Yes. Let's do this!" Josie replied, ready to get the tribrid back.

Hallo everyone!

Please comment what you think! I always appreciate your comments!

I HOPE you like this chapter and are all safe and healthy! - N