🌸 onerous duty - oneshot 🌸

This Fanfic Review is done by @Penguinnnnnnnnn1

The Fanfic is a oneshot, titled onerous duty  and written by @PsychoBride

Description: An arduous duty; an arranged marriage with which they have to comply. Will their families come first or will their true desires prevail? SasuSaku. One-shot.

Awards: None. 

I hope you enjoy! ('∀')

I will rate this in a out of 10 ranking, grammar is also taken into account for the rating. Without further ado, let's start!

And of course, spoilers.

(∩`-')⊃━✿✿✿✿✿✿

Onerous duty. A duty that is troublesome, a burden. When I first saw this oneshot, I wasn't expecting much. No offense. (ノдヽ)

But I got so much more than I expected. 

It begins with Mikoto, Sasuke's mother, getting ready for guests. She gathers her family together, and it says, "Her son showed up looking at her with his sharp eyes; those dark eyes which always bore no other expression than calmness. But tonight they were hiding something: a trouble which his mother had been seeing in them for days." You would think this is Sasuke, since this is a SasuSaku oneshot.

And then it hits you with a paragraph explaining how Itachi got into an arranged marriage with Sakura. 

The later paragraphs are Mikoto comforting Itachi, saying words such as: "marriage without love" and "you know your father." We now know this marriage is for power, not because Itachi wanted to be in it. 

Apparently, the Uchiha and Haruno clans wanted to form a connection, and Itachi is the eldest heir, and so is Sakura. 

Of course, Itachi agrees, because he is the heir and he has to do his duties. His mother, again, tries to comfort Itachi with compliments to Sakura. How she's not the worst that could happen, and at least they know each other before hand. Itachi replies with, "I never thought anything against Sakura, she's wonderful. She's just...not for me." That's right, Sakura is for Sasuke.

Speaking of Sasuke, where is the alleged younger brother in all of this? Well now he appears, with...his usual demeanor. But now he seems even more sour, seemingly angry at his brother's marriage. 

And this is where this one shot started to break my heart. 

The two stare at Sasuke, walking past them, angry and alone. His mother remarks on his behavior, taking it completely the wrong way. She looks guiltily at Itachi, and wonders if her younger son hates Sakura. 

But we all know better than that. 

After that, we move on to the formal dinner, where the two betrothed get to know each other and their families. The parents mingle, talking about how good the food was and normal talk like that. 

The two betrothed exchange a few words, and then it comes to Sakura bidding farewell to Sasuke. A simple thing in theory. But it takes up a few paragraphs and along with a few pieces of my heart with it. Itachi takes note of this awkward exchange, but he was helping his mother clean up the dinner. 

Sasuke was supposed to help but...he stormed off, leaving the house. Mikoto was surprised, since most of the Uchiha family doesn't really show emotion. Itachi was also concerned, and they were left at the house cleaning, pondering the actions of Sasuke Uchiha. 

Now this is where the story goes into a bit of Sasuke's mind, and he goes to the training ground to let off some steam. 

And then Sakura comes to join him.

The pain and emotions I felt in those last few scenes are way too much for a simple oneshot, I stared blinking at the computer screen for a few seconds. 

I recommend this one shot to anyone who wants to have a good hit to the heart, the feels, feeling like you an entire pineapple got stuck in your throat. 

Now, the moment everybody's been waiting for....the rating:

🌸🌸🌸
🌸🌸🌸🌸    10/10 
🌸🌸🌸

I give this oneshot, a perfect score. 10/10. While it made me cry at the ending, the descriptiveness and the way the story was portrayed was so...perfect that I give this oneshot the perfect, 10 out of 10, score. 

In the beginning, PyschoBride says that English is not their mother language, and to that I say...you've wrote this one shot like it was your mother language. There was no grammatical errors from I could see, and it was beautiful.

You've got the seal of approval from this random penguin SasuSaku shipper in the SasuSakuComm. 

Hope you enjoyed!

May SasuSaku be always in your heart~