2ND VERSE WORSE THAN THE FIRST

JEN'S POV

Ben takes a seat next to me on the couch in the bus. John and Korey are in the back of the bus, preparing for Skillet's next record. "So, you've been touring with us for a week, annnd..." he begins.

"And...?" I ask, poking his shoulder.

He smiles at me. "I got you something, a present!"

Ben pulls a small box out of his coat pocket and opens it. Inside the box is a bunch of small chocolates wrapped in gold foil. "Your favourite," he says. "Dove caramel chocolates!"

I laugh, taking the box from him, and ask, "How did you know that these are my favourite?" I immediately unwrap one and put it in my mouth.

"I did my research," Ben says with a wink. I smile and roll my eyes. He must have found the overabundance of shiny wrappers in my bunk.

"Giving gifts, B? A little late for that," John says, sauntering into the bus lounge with a smirk on his face. He hasn't gelled his hair for the show yet, and it looks funny just sitting there flat on his head. Korey also walks in behind him. Ben and I get up off of the couch in unison.

"Pfft. It's not a Christmas gift," Ben objects, "It's a welcome-to-Skillet gift." I find myself laughing at the two of them.

"Yeah, whatever," John says, still smiling. He takes a seat in a chair opposite me and Ben.

Ben reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a white Flip camera. "Podcast time?" he inquires.

"I'm ready for my close-up," I say with a grin. Korey laughs from behind me.

"I'm not. My hair looks ridiculous," John protests jokingly. Ben chuckles and presses record anyway.

"Week two of WinterJam 2008!" Ben announces, turning the camera on himself. "How do you feel, Jen?" he asks me.

I smile, tilting my head to one side. "I'm goodthankshowareyou," I reply.

This has become an inside joke between us. When I started joining John, Korey, and Ben for the signings on the tour, whenever someone would ask, "How are you?" I'd reply, "I'm goodthankshowareyou?" John pointed this out after my 3rd night of signing. At first I felt embarrassed, but after a day or two it just became a casual inside joke between us.

Ben laughs at my reply and asks Korey the same. "Well, it's nice to have another girl on tour," she replies, gesturing in my direction.

John stands and hugs Korey from behind. "Skillet always has the best rocker chicks," he says, kissing her on the cheek. Korey laughs and I look down at my hands, smiling to myself. Their relationship is probably one of the cutest things ever.

When I look up, I notice Ben looking at me with a small smile on his face. We catch each other's gaze for a moment and he averts his eyes, returning his attention to the lovely couple. I do the same.