TIRED

AWAKE AND ALIVE TOUR, WINTER 09
JEN POV

John and Korey are at Target, (basically the only 'quality time' they can get around here) so Ben and I are left to our own devices in the bus for the next 2 hours before the show starts. We're sitting on the couch catching up on X-Files, when Ben turns to me and asks with a mischievous smirk, "Hey Jen, where'd your in-ears go?"

"Well, they're right here..." I begin, until I realize that my ears are not where I last left them. "... Hey, where did you put them?!" I half ask, half laugh at him with a grin on my face.

Ben opens his hand to reveal my in ear monitors. I reach for them, and he pulls his hand away, his ridiculous smile widening.

"You're gonna have to come and get 'em," he says. I laugh and tackle him "Ow," he mutters playfully through his smile as his back hits the couch cushion with me on top of him.

"Give them back!" I demand, laughing as he pushes me off of him. For a moment his left hand's grip falters and I try to rip my monitors out of his hand. Now it's him tackling me, his deep laugh reverberating throughout the bus. I've always liked his laugh. He grins at me as he pins my hands to the floor, his face hovering above mine.

"I'm not going to give up!" I proclaim, struggling to no avail against the iron grip of his hands. Guitarist grip, I suppose. I notice his gaze changes. I tilt my head to the side and ask, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

***
BEN POV

I notice how close we are. Almost close enough for me to kiss her. Wait, don't think that, Ben. There's too much of an age difference, the fans would think it's weird. She's only nineteen. That's a good mantra to put into my head. She's only nineteen, she's only nineteen, she's onl-"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asks, breaking me out of my reverie.

I shake my head quickly, saying, "Oh, um... it's nothing, honestly. I just think you look cute when you smile like that." I mentally slap myself in the face, feeling myself blush like an idiot.

Then I don't know what comes over me but before I realize what I'm doing, I lean down and kiss her softly.

***
JEN POV

Ben pulls away apprehensively, as if he's shocked at what he just did. I can relate.

I don't do or say anything. I'm dumbstruck. After a gap of silence that feels like forever, I finally say, "I don't... know how to respond to that." He grimaces.

"Then don't. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. That was wrong...I didn't mean to..." The bus door opens, interrupting him. I quickly lift myself off of Ben and stand up. He does the same.

John says something funny to Korey and she laughs as they step into the bus, white and red target bags in their hands. "Hey guys, what's up?" Korey asks.

"Nothing, really... just chilling..." Ben says, staring at a small stain in the carpet. I nod. John and Korey set their bags on the countertop.

"You guys ready to play a rock show?" John asks. I nod again, and Ben does too.

"Yup," I say.

"Jen, do you have your ears?" John asks me. Ben and I quickly exchange glances before looking away.

"I have them," Ben says. He steps over to me and hands me my monitors, avoiding any contact between us.

"You two are awfully quiet," Korey points out.

I shrug. "I guess we're just tired. Y'know, from touring," I say, making an excuse.

"Yeah, we're all tired," John agrees. "But it's the good kind of tired. Anyway, let's get to work on our setlist..."

****
A/N DOUBLE UPDATE Y'ALL BETTER THANK ME (i've actually had the kiss written for a while lol oops) Hope you guys enjoyed!