RELEASE DAY

"AWAKE" ALBUM RELEASE DAY

KOREY POV (aw yeah changing it up)

I wake up with John's arms wrapped around me, with his snoring letting me know that he's still asleep. I open my eyes and check the digital alarm clock. 5:57 A.M. I don't want to move from John's warm embrace, but we have to pick up Jen and Ben for our interviews about our new album which is released today.

I poke John's hand with my finger and he stirs, then hugs me tighter. I poke him again.

"Whaaat.." he mumbles.

"It's six," I say softly. "We have to get ready."

He groans, removing his arms from me and we both slowly sit up. I chuckle at his messy hair laying flat on his head.
"Happy album release day, babe," he says quietly and kisses me on the cheek.

***

We get ready and leave the house by 7:30. We stop by Jen's house, then Ben's and pick them up in our car.

"I'm so nervous!" Jen says, still with a smile on her face.

"Don't worry, Jen, it'll be awesome," Ben insists, grinning at her. Their friendship is so cute.

"I am a P-P-P-PEANUT!" John yells suddenly. Then he rolls down the window. "P-P-P-PEANUUUUUT!!!" he shouts at some random passerby on the sidewalk. We all start laughing when they look at him strangely.
Then we finally arrive at the radio station that's interviewing us.

We're greeted by the host of the show, and she gestures to some chairs for each of us to sit on. Jen and Ben sit next to each other while John and I also take seats next to each other.

"Goooood morning everyone, I am here with rock band Skillet in honour of their new album, Awake, which releases today... John, how does this new record differ from your previous albums?" the host asks.

John leans forward and begins to speak into the mic. I zone out for a while before the host gets to Jen. "And Jen, how was recording your first album at only 18 years old, on both drums and vocals?"

Jen smiles, "Uhmm... I was extremely nervous the whole time. I think vocals were the scariest, though." Jen laughs nervously as she and Ben share a look. "But it wasn't as bad or scary as I thought. Ben, Kor, and John helped a lot, too," she finishes.

"That's awesome, Jen," the host says. "Well, that's all the time we have today. Congratulations on your new album, and here's to many more years of Skillet."

We all shake hands and thank the host, and before we know it we're on the way to prepare for our impromptu release party show at Joshuafest.

***
A few hours before we're supposed to go on stage, we hold a live chat with the fans. Ben starts to set up the webcam.

"Are we on?" he asks his computer, waving at the screen. "Say 'peanut' if you can hear us," Ben jokes, and the screen lights up with hundreds of fans typing "PEANUT!!!" He laughs and returns to the dressing room couch.

John and I are on opposite sides of the couch with Ben and Jen in the middle. We start getting questions about our new album, our favourite colours, Alex and Xav, things like that. A few minutes in, I notice Ben has put his arm around Jen's shoulders. John doesn't seem to notice, but I do.

At one point, some crazy disrespectful person types, "JEN WILL U HAVE MY BABIES!!!1!1!!" My jaw drops at the audacity of this guy.

"Uhmm, no," Jen says with a hint of anger and annoyance in her words, a tone that's unfamiliar in her voice.

"Too far," Ben says irritably. "Too far." He squeezes Jen's arm, tightening his grip protectively. It makes me wonder, do Ben and Jen have feelings for each other?

Then John starts singing loudly to break the tension. The live chat continues as normal, with more fans asking me when I started playing guitar or how old Jen was when she started singing, questions like that.

Ben leaves the room for a moment, and eventually we get to a question that I take the liberty of reading aloud. "Are Ben and Jen dating?" I read.

Jen blushes deeply. "No, we are not dating." She laughs nervously. "Just to make it clear, we are not dating," she repeats. She doesn't seem entirely sure about her answer.

"Yeah, we sometimes call them 'Bennifer'" John interjects with a chuckle.

"Yup," I agree as Ben returns back to the couch.

After a few more questions, we finish our live chat and wave goodbye to those who are watching. Ben closes his laptop, and turns to us. "I'm going to grab some food before we start getting ready for the show... anyone want to come with me?" he asks.

"I'll go," Jen says, standing up. They leave the dressing room together, and as soon as the door shuts behind them, I look at John.

"Do you think Ben and Jen might like each other?" I ask him.

John shrugs. "Maybe. They'd make a cute couple," he laughs. "Come on, let's start getting ready for the show," he says.

I agree and we begin preparing for our show.

----
A/N: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! I've been so busy lately! Hope you guys like this chapter though :) much love!