ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴡ ᴏf ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ;004

The law of attraction is a method of manifestation which Namjoon had discovered at young age after his sister used it to punish her crush for rejecting her for the first time

The law of attraction is a method of manifestation which Namjoon had discovered at young age after his sister used it to punish her crush for rejecting her for the first time. The complex philosophy behind the manifestation states that the energy radiating from your thoughts has the power to manipulate your reality and give you what you desire. Namjoon thought it was bullshit, the idea of attracting something using the power of your mind seemed like a foreign possibility. At the same time however, he never expected to be eighteen years old with stage two lung cancer in a Hospital away from his family, by now he'd expected to be in a top University after getting the highest score on his high school exams. He expected to be studying hard, meeting new people -perhaps falling in love with a pretty girl as smart as he was. Instead he was stuck counting his days unbeknownst as to whether he could ever recover completely, or whether his life would just progress for the next five years before it's all over. Of course there was also the possibility of him dying tomorrow, but that was a possibility he didn't even want to think of. The Nurses kept urging him to make friends with other patients and get back to his family who did their best to visit him much to his dismay. Namjoon wanted to be alone, he didn't want to meet his family, he didn't want the pleasure of making new friends who were just as likely to die as he was, instead he kept himself confined and isolated in his room, spending all his time reading. He would read and reread book after book after book until he could feel his brain strain itself from exhaustion.

He always thought he'd die heroically, maybe by enlisting, or becoming a doctor, or shoving someone across the street as a moving car drives towards them, and now in a twisted turn of events -he was the one who needed to be saved. The more he spent time with himself the sadder he became, the isolation caused his mind to wander often, he suddenly realized there was a strong chance he'd never live to see his wedding day, he may never have kids, there was so much he'd regret not being able to do.

Aerum was running through the halls doing her best to hide from Nurse Han after spraying the back of her head with a water gun, Jin watched from the distance as his friend ran across the hall followed by a very wet Nurse Han.
She was fuming, her face had turned red as water dripped from her hair, the chaos that had erupted from Aerum's laughter caused the patients to peel out from their rooms watch in amusement. Jin turned to Nurse Yoona, "aren't you going to do something?" She laughed softly "it's Aerum what did you expect" before turning back and writing out prescriptions. Eventually Aerum had began to lose her, but she could still hear her yells echoing throughout the hospital, Namjoon peered his head out of his room curiously to observe the commotion, before crashing into her for what was the second time that week. She stumbled back and looked up at him with a grin before running away, laughing as she heard Nurse Han continuously scream her name. As she ran out of sight Nurse Han stopped, bending over to hold her knees and catch her breath. Namjoon took in her wet hair as he recalled the water gun in the patient's hand, managing to put two and two together. Nurse Han panted as her body was bent over and made eye contact with Namjoon "where did she go?" She asked breathlessly. Namjoon watched her for a minute remembering the direction the dark haired girl had ran off in, and pointed her towards the opposite. Namjoon peered our from his door as Nurse Han ran away in pursuit. Namjoon watched as the hall went silent again and all the patients were rushed back into their rooms, he stayed for a minute as he recalled the large grin on the girls face as she bumped into him and found himself smiling fondly, as he went back into his room and shut the door.