2

Moonbyul POV

I didn't take my eyes off Yongsun during the whole group chat, hoping she would look at me even once, but she didn't glance at me. She's probably still annoyed about the joke I played on her this morning. I must've really worried her.

The practice ends and each one of us stands up to go gather our stuff. Hyejin looks thoughtful as always.

"Hyejin. Psst." I call her for attention. "What are your plans for today?"

Hyejin turns my way. "Why are you asking me?"

I stay silent, so she proceeds.

"So... I'm assuming Yongsun isn't available today?" She laughs.

I nod and frown. "Yeah, she's not... I pissed her off a while ago and don't think now's the right time to talk to her."

Hyejin sighs. "Byulie...". She looks at me so deeply that I can almost feel my soul being taken out of my body. "Why are you always messing with her?"

I shrug. "Dunno", I mumble, leaving the girl alone and walking towards the door.

"So, I think today's a me day", I say, inside of the company's elevator. As soon as I walk out the door, the early afternoon breeze messes up my hair. People are walking in the streets, and I can already hear dogs happily taking walks with their owners.

As I'm thinking about where to go first, I hear someone calling for me.

"Byul". The voice is coming from the entrance of the company, right behind me. I turn around just to find Solar, heavy breathing and shaking off her skirt.

I go right up to her. "Yeba, what's going on?"

"Huh, I took the stairs..." She says, with a shy look on her face.

I laugh at her answer and immediately hug her.

"Just so you know, I'm still really mad at you." She mumbles, stuck between my arms.

I step away from her and nod, humbly. "I know I messed up, I'm sorry."

The sun is shining right towards her face, so she's squinting her eyes, making her even cuter than usual.

"I know, Moon. But... you really scared me back there. Was that cheesy stuff all you had to tell me, for real?"

I nod again, but stay silent. I wish I knew what to say right now, so her heart could rest.

"Well, if you're so sure about that... let's just let it be. But if you pull another one of tho-"

I interrupt the small girl. "Yeah, I know. You'll kill me and feed me to wild animals so no one will ever know you were the one who did it."

Solar stares at me, with googly eyes, and doesn't dare to interrupt.

"...And then you'll probably end up with all my money, living the life you've always wanted, and telling everyone how sorry you are about my death." I smile at her and bow, like I just finished showing off a big project.

"Anyways..." She ignores me, while her eyes become their regular size again. "I was thinking maybe you could come over today. Yonghee won't be home tonight and you know I don't like sleeping alone in such a big apartment."

I smile even harder than before. I've always liked spending time at Yongsun's house, where I knew I could fully be myself, walk around barefoot and talk about random things without the fear of being judged.

I actually spend more time at her house than I do at my own, playing around with her and her sister, Yonghee. We're always challenging each other and laughing at YouTube videos at 3am.

But the best part is when we go to bed and Yongsun asks me to lie down next to her, to protect her from the dark. I always do it without complaining, and stroke her hair until she falls asleep.