Ready to fight back

Nandini opened the door the next morning and to her surprise, navya was sleeping while sitting on the floor beside the door. She stood there for a second but immediately left from there. Abhi was waiting for her and yet she ignored him as well and left the house without talking to anyone.

Navya woke up and got really upset because nandini was not there. She got ready for college and left with abhi. They thought they will be able to catch nandini at college but to their surprise, she was nowhere. She didn't attend any class and she never came to college. On the other hand, manik had to skip college because neyonika asked him to attend a meeting.

Manik: why should I come with you mom. I really need to go to college today is a really important day.

Neyonika: I know what is really important for you. You can hang out with your friends later it will not take long.

Manik: okay mom. As you wish.

Neyonika: that's like my boy. Come on now get ready fast.

They got a little late for the meeting because of manik and neyonika was really panicking and manik was upset looking at his mom.

Manik: come on mom. We are not that late don't make such a big deal out of it.

Neyonika: you have no idea manik. This girl is really crazy about being punctual. She is the biggest supplier we have. If she stops dealing with us it will cause a lot of problems to manage things.

Manik: A GIRL. You are being scared of a girl. Are you sure you are neyonika Malhotra? Where is my mother? What have you done to her?

Neyonika: shut up manik. I brought you to see how she deals. She is younger than you and she is handling the whole company on her own.

Manik: ohhh mom. She is younger than me and you are scared. Just see the magic of your son's charming personality today.

Neyonika: manik I am warning you. Don't you dare act cheeky in front of her.

Manik: okay mom, but please stop being so scared nothing is gonna happen. She cannot break the contracts because we are a little late.

Neyonika: she can but I am not scared because she may break the contract. I am scared because I don't want to stop this business between us. I really like her a lot.

Manik laughed his heart out: seriously mom. Please don't say that infront of mukti. She will make you break everything with this girl.

As they reached the company. They were taken to the waiting room because the director of the company was busy in another meeting.

Secretary: sorry ma'am but as you know the time of meeting was a 10 and it is already 10:45 so ma'am just called another meeting after waiting for you. She will be free soon please wait a bit.

Manik got furious with this. He almost shouted at the secretary: what do you mean by she called another meeting. We are just a little late. Rather than waiting for us she is making us wait.

Secretary: sorry sir, ma'am is really busy these days so she hates wasting a minute and she actually waited for you for whole 15 minutes. Moreover it is just a casual intra company meeting she will be free in a few minutes.

Neyonika asked manik to calm down as it is good for them that she didn't wait for them. Otherwise anything could've happened. Manik was really upset with all this but the got quite for his mother's sake.

In five minutes they were asked to join the director in meeting room. On entering the meeting room they were welcomed by a smiling nandini. Even thought it was a completely fake and professional smile but still manik was happy as it was the first time he saw her smiling. He was really quite because he wasn't expecting nandini to be here but then he knew this girl can do anything. He was just quietly listening to the conversation between neyonika and nandini.

Neyonika: how are you? I heard you got into an accident and it was really difficult to get the meeting confirmed this time.

Nandini: I am completely fine. It was just a small accident. Anyway how are you and by the way I am really sorry you had to wait for the meeting.

Neyonika: that's alright as long as we can have a pleasant chat I don't mind waiting.

They kept talking about their previous projects for a while and after that nandini said: Mrs. Malhotra I have a business plan to present. If you have time today.

Neyonika: sure, anytime. I am very happy with our past deals and I hope it will be a wonderful plan.

Nandini: so, the thing is that soon enough I am planning to launch my own brand. I have a few proposals from different companies and I want it to be a joint venture so I first thought of asking you about it. How about our two companies come together and launch a new clothing brand. I am planning to restart an old factory and with that we will have enough material that we can launch the brand really soon.

Neyonika: I must say nandini you are even better than what I thought. This is a brilliant idea. I mean who is not interested in expanding the business. We should do this. I am totally with you on this.

Nandini: it's great then. Let's discuss the details and other requirements in the next meeting.

Neyonika: okay then. We should take your leave now.

Nandini: come I'll walk you out.

As soon as they sat in the car neyonika started talking again: did you see that. She is so brilliant at everything she does and by the way I am really proud of you as well. You were able to stay quite throughout the meeting.

Manik: mom, how long have you been doing business with this company?

Neyonika: almost 2 years, actually we were taking the required materials from mishit industries from last 20 years but after the death of the owner it ended up pretty bad and within a few days murthy textiles got into business and it offered the same material at same price so it was really convenient to start the business with her.

Manik: do you know her?

Neyonika: no not really. I mean I never met her family or anything but it is good as long as we are on good terms. Once I asked her about her parents and why is she the one handling the business and it ended up quite bad. She almost got rid of all the contracts but I just convinced her somehow and after that I never tried.

Manik: and about her brother?

Neyonika: she have a brother? I heard around that she is the only child and her parents died in a car accident few years back.

Manik: ohhh ok. I just thought she might have someone.

Neyonika: you like her?

Manik: WHAT???? NO Why would I like her.

Neyonika: comeon manik I am your mother. You were quite throughout the meeting and now you are asking for more details about her. You never did that before.

Manik: I was just asking out of curiosity. She is almost 18 so back in day when you started business with her she would be around 16. So, how can anyone not get curious?

Neyonika: yeah you are right she is actually GOD gifted. She is supremely talented.

Manik: okay enough nandini nandini for today we are here just drop me outside.

Manik told the gang about the meeting and abhi quickly left to meet nandini. He was sure that something was wrong and he had no time to guess. He must ask nandini what she is upto.