Chapter Twelve

"So, how long are you grounded for?"

"How long is forever?"

Marinette and Alya trudge along in the school yard, as it is now Monday. The girls, being there on time, *cough* Marinette *cough* actually had a few minutes or so to spare before school began. They sit on the bench parallel of the basketball court.

The morning air is brisk and quite chilly. Marinette took upon herself to dress warmly, but kept her clothes thin enough to be cool just in case the weather took a major three-sixty. She may or may not be clad in Luka's Jagged Stone jacket.

Alya sighs heavily, slouching forward with a frown. "Mom took my cameras and phone away, too! Ugh, how am I supposed to update Ladybug's fans now?"

"It's not all bad, " Marinette tried to console her best friend, patting her shoulder. "It's only a couple weeks, right?"

"I know it doesn't sound bad, but my life revolves around my cellular device!" Alya raises her voice, falling onto Marinette's lap dramatically. "I'm so not gonna survive!"

Marinette laughs, rolling her eyes. "You can always write down what you want ask."

Alya gasps, like the drama queen she is. "I'm a journalist! I must be in the thrill to feel the thrill!"

"Sure you do."

By the minute, students filed into the school building. Some familiar faces pass, some aren't so familiar.

"Hey, Alya, Marinette!" Mylene Haprele approaches from the thinning crowd, excitedly waving an arm in the air, this big, happy grin plastered on her cute face.

"Good morning, Mylene!" Marinette greets with a smile.

"Hiya." Alya was not as enthusiastic as her friend, but the pudgy teen took no mind.

"I heard you're going to make the treats for Juleka's sleepover, right?" The blonde with colorful streaks smiles. "I've got some recipes I've been wanting to try!"

"Really? I don't mind at all! More the merrier." Marinette was buzzing inside. Excited.

"UGH!!!" Alya broke the happy moment with her brief depression. "I forgot about the party! Ugh, I'm so lame! Hey, Mylene, where's Juleka?" The Ombre-haired girl looked at the shorter female glumly.

"Oh, uh, I just saw her a second ago, " Mylene answered meekly, looking around. "There she is! Oh, looks like Luka's here too!"

"Luka?!" Marinette nearly propelled to her feet, face burning after hearing how loud she was.

Oh, man! Luka's here? He doesn't even go to this school! I mean, unless he's just dropping Juleka off, then why would he---

Mylene giggles. "Just kidding! It's Rose!"

Alya and Mylene giggle at Marinette's flustered and crestfallen face.

"You're all so mean, " The bluenette pouts, crossing her arms and glaring at the two girls.

"Are you dating him?" Mylene innocently asks.

"D-dating?!" Marinette squeaks, reddening while Alya cackles with amusement. "N-no, we're just friends!" Marinette kept telling herself she doesn't have feelings for Luka, or at least she wants to. She couldn't deny the fact her heart galloped when he was near her, especially when the sound of his name sent her heart flying.

Alya grins slyly, looking up into Marinette's eyes. "You say that now~"

"What does that mean?" Marinette became even more flustered.