Chapter Ten

Sorry for making you wait so long!! *bowing continuously* enjoy this picture that is NOT mine while you soothe your seethings
But enjoy this chapter,
~Brittany

*edit* word count: 4180

"LUKA!" 

Here atop the Eiffel Tower, the blue tip-haired punk boy free falls, plunging faster and faster to the cobblestone ground of Paris. 

It had been a mistake.

That's all it is, a stupid, simple mistake.

A mistake that he's going to die for. The dark sky only gets smaller each passing second, his heart and blood rushing to his ears silenced out the wind grappling at his hair and clothes.

He had always been a carefree person without a worry in the world, but tonight as he falls to his death, he watches his life play in the back of his eyes like an old film playing.

His first Jagged Stone concert.

Juleka and his mother surprising him with a new guitar on his fifteenth birthday.

Marinette's beautiful smile.

Clenching his eyes shut, he screams out as loud as he can be.

~BUBUM!~

A few hours earlier...

Marinette is so not ready for tonight.

Saturday is finally here, and it was like she visiting someone of ample importance. Her stomach twisted in ways she never thought it could twist. I mean, how was she supposed to explain to Alya why she disappeared and then seconds later, Ladybug shows up? As much as she loves Alya, telling her this precious secret is completely out of the question. 

Her ombre-haired bestie thrives on everything Ladybug, just as every citizen of Paris does. There was no telling what lengths she would go to meet the great Ladybug for more than just a minute and a half.

Marinette could just imagine Alya's crestfallen expression after realizing that her best friend has been lying to her for a year and a half. She'd be crushed, angry, mystified, even. 

The consequences of being Ladybug were sure to catch up soon.

Marinette shakes herself from her thoughts when Tikki settles in the crook of her neck, the Kwami's little antenna's tickling her jawline.

"You'll be okay, Marinette." Tikki encouraged with a smile.

Softly as she could, Marinette affectionally pets Tikki's forehead with her fingertip causing the red Kwami to hum and lean into her touch.

"You're right, Tikki." Marinette nods firmly and slides on her flower and ribbon themed knapsack.

She had packed her favorite quilt, a few snacks (she'd share), and a water or two, along with her phone charger, not that she uses her phone as often as she used to. 

The teenager catches a glimpse of herself in the body mirror across her room. It'd be a chilly night tonight, so she dressed as warmly as she could without getting too hot when moving around.

From her desk chair, she swipes Luka's jacket and slides it on over her long sleeve shirt. As strange as it is, Luka never mentioned or hinted that he wanted it back. It may be bad of her to think it, but Marinette felt glad he hadn't asked for the jacket. She hasn't had it for a while, but she couldn't bear to part with this precious jacket.

"Wait, don't I have to patrol with Chat Noir tonight?" Marinette pondered aloud, glancing at her alarm clock (a new feature in her room).

"It's only eight, Marinette, " Tikki says. "I don't think Chat Noir will mind if you patrol a little later."