Chapter 189: Golden Age (EP. 04)

"This is what I was afraid of."

Magoo nonchalantly shrugged from where he stood, barely feeling the sharp, abiding glare the fire wielder shot him. An abrasive Aiden is simply opposed to the sight of the General not getting the situation thoroughly. Though while Magoo doesn't pay so much heed to detail, no one can really blame him. The weight of the crown sits on Aiden's shoulders, most especially Elsa's, not his.

Not one of the present participants in the Great Hall had a clue on what to do or what to say. For starters, they are still trying to process the unveiled conundrum. If it wasn't for Aiden's confirmation that what the Scavenging League's discovery is true, then Heine and the others would've looked like mad fools craving for attention.

The eye of the awkward silence lasting in the spacious hall is none other than the twenty three year old woman sitting cross-legged on one of the thrones. Her brows were furrowed in deep thought, and her teeth sunk down her crimson bottom lip in dismay.

"Elsa."

"What?" She almost snapped, but she was suddenly alarmed the voice belonged to her husband's. An apologetic gaze came her way, and the light blonde beauty rose from where she sat, her hour glass figure walking over to who called her name.

"We.. We have to make a move," Aiden sighed, "Even just a mild one. Even just the source..."

"I already know who could've done this," She made her conclusion vocal, but she spoke of it in a non-accusing way, her tone soft, "But not here. Everyone may know that we associate with magic, but please let's not speak about it right now."

"Should we even claim it as ours, Arendelle's?" Aiden questioned, a little guilty he may have unintentionally added a pressing matter.

"W-well," Her hand rubbed her other arm, "It is connected to our territory by terms of land, so it's massively possible that it's also ours. Papa and mama have searched hand and foot in the library, and not one map displayed this unidentified expansion."

Nodding gently, hands reached her bare shoulders and did sensual ministrations which eased her down, "You know I'm right here to help you out with what's to come, right?"

A soft smile quirked her lips. "I know."

"Everything will be fine," The snow queen couldn't help but let a loving look take over her face when a chaste kiss met her temple, "That I promise you, my love."

"I hate to disturb such a beautiful moment, your Majesties," Heine hid his growing smile as he walked forward from his stead, "But there are lots of diplomatic chores we have to endeavor with, however it's your order we await for, my queen. Sire."

"I know what we have to do," Elsa firmly says, "Aiden, come with me."

"Wait, snowflake," Aiden breathlessly asks, "Where are we going?"

Fingers interlocked with the fire king's, "No more farther than the fjord," Most heads looked their way, "We'll be back before you know it. I would just like to have a word with a dear friend."
•••
How the hell can she run in heels?

He felt ridiculous for mentally asking such a question, especially at an inopportune time. Aiden loved that tight grip her hand has around his own as they sprinted past subject after subject, nevertheless his legs are starting to feel like jelly caused by his previous journey to the borders alongside the Scavenging League.

Fencing, running for more than one hundred laps, other operose exercises to keep his endowed shape, and then there's plain lucid running which is already making his knees weak. Yes, Aiden feels exceedingly ridiculous now.

"Aah, aahh~"

Oh, thank heavens.

Alas, the mystical equestrian rose sensually from the blue flesh of the waters. First its head, then no longer than soon, all four hooves caused wavering ripples proving that the magical creature is a quadruped. Like any other entrance of the ethereal stallion, his presence alone makes both the couple astonished.

"Why have you summoned me, my queen?"

"Nøkk, we are very sorry to bother you in a very ill-chosen time," It was Aiden who spoke up first, "Yet we wish to have a word."

"Of course."

"We assure you, dear friend, we are not displeased, or in some other way like it. My husband and our most elite squadron have ventured from here to the borders of the kingdom, only to find no border but more land."

A knowing grin curled up in the Nøkk's muzzle.

"The other Spirits and I have spoken; and resolved to a decision which majorly involves the Earth Giants."

The water spirit's words intrigued the king and queen.

"Go on."

"You have come for the Northuldra's aid—the other secondary protectors and believers of the forest—in times of dire need. The Fifth Spirit have prioritized the Enchanted Forest likewise of her own kingdom. In short, with all that has happened by fate, the sold leaders of Arendelle are nothing but deserving to be rewarded."

"So you all are the ones who.."

"Indeed," The Nøkk nodded, "It is no other than us. Or you think there is another nonexistent magical entity who could have?"

Squeezing her husband's hand in tearful joy, Elsa shook her head with a watery laugh. "No. Not at all."

"I take it you're more than overjoyed?" The fellow spirit chuckled.

"Words cannot express my overflowing gratitude to all of you," Aiden nudged his wife closer and kissed her cheek comfortingly, "Please send our thanks to the other Spirits. We are honored to accept such a bountiful gift... A generous miracle, even."

"That will be my pleasure, and you both are welcome. If you don't mind me asking... What are you both to do with the large expanse?"

"My husband and I shall build two fair districts, and both will still be heeded under our rule. Arendellian folk can move there if they wish, as long as they pledge to not abuse the environment."

"Love..." Aiden smiled.

"This is only the beginning of the Golden Age of Arendelle, a land which have prospered under you and your husband's reign, my queen," The equestrian bowed his head lowly in respect, "I wish nothing but the best for the kingdom's future. And I swear to be of service to your nation until the end of time."

"T-thank you," Elsa tearfully sobbed.

"No, thank you, you both," The Nøkk happily recoiled, "You do not know how much you've done for the sake of the forest."

"Well..." Elsa trailed off, still superbly smiling, "Until then, my friend."

The Nøkk nods in agreement.

"Until then."

To be continued
on the next chapter...