Chapter 11

As I walk towards my first singing practice I start shivering. My lack of self esteem always made me think I'm an awful singer, the lack of support didn't help as well. I arrive in a huge auditorium and there are some people sitting on the stage. I see a red haired man standing close to them.

- Ember! - Zayn screams while getting up. - Ed, this is the girl I told you about.

- Hi! - He looks at me. - I'm Ed.

- Hello. - I smile.

- So would you like to sing a little bit just so we can evaluate and see what's your tone? - I get really nervous.

- What should I sing?

- Anything. - He smiles again, he must be a really good singer because his voice is very melodic.

I always have trouble thinking of a song that fits my voice. Finally I choose the chorus of Bad Romance from Lady Gaga.

I want your ugly, I want your disease

I want your everything as long as it's free

I want your love

Love, love, love, I want your love, hey

I want your drama, the touch of your hand (hey)

I want your leather-studded kiss in the sand

I want your love

Love, love, love, I want your love

(Love, love, love, I want your love)

- Wow! We got ourselves an alto! - Ed seems so happy. I'm shaking, Zayn comes and hugs me.

- You were amazing. - I start to feel so happy for the recognition.

- Zayn, why don't we try you two as leads on your song?

- Yeah. We'd have to work a little but I think you can get it. - He smiles and goes fetch a paper. He gives it to me. I read the first lines:

Not tryna be indie

Not tryna be cool

Just tryna be in this

Tell me how you choose

Can you feel why you're in this

Can you feel it through

All of the windows

Inside this room

- Oh my god Zayn, did you write this? - I don't even have to read everything to see it's an amazing song.

- Yeah. - He seems shy.

The rest of the practice I meet the rest of the group and we work on vocal techniques. They are teaching me how to sing with my jaw relaxed and I already feel at home. After practice me and Zayn go to his new apartment to practice the song. His apartment is very big and looks expensive. I remember Zayn telling me how he didn't have money and couldn't afford college, how did he afford this?

- Would you like some water? - He asks while throwing his keys on the table and taking his jacket off. I try not to watch him, I love Louis but he's hot.

- Yes, thanks! - I smile and look around the apartment. There's a big window that has a view for a park, it's beautiful. - Your apartment is amazing.

- Yeah, it's borrowed. - He's smiling big.

- From whom? - I ask, being a little distracted by the expensive things.

- My new record label. - Did I hear it right?