TEN | NOTHING TO LOSE

The two barely make it through the threshold of his apartment before they connect in a mess of desire. The door closes behind them, and he presses her against it. His lips move painstakeningly slow against hers despite her continual desperate insistence to move faster, harder, more. She wants, craves, needs more from him and of him. He rests his hands on the door on each side of her while her hands roam over the entirety of him. They nestle in his hair then slide down his neck then slip under his tshirt then press against his back to encourage him closer. His body falls flush against her, and as surely as he hears her heart rate, she feels her affect on him. Yet still, his lips move painstakeningly slow against hers.

"Emmett, please," Jett mumbles against his lips.

"Please what?" Emmett says.

"I need more. I need you," she practically whines.

He pulls his lips from hers, brushing them softly against her ear as he says, "Then, make me yours."

And much like the first night, his apartment fills with the obliterating cadence of moans and whimpers, rustled bed sheets and desire, as two forces collide again and again. They are more knowing this time, yet so much unknown remains nestled between them. If it were up to Jett, that is how it will stay.

He finishes first, any ounce of remaining energy seeping out of him as he does. All the adrenaline required for the day diminishes with this final act, leaving him left as a puddle of exhaustion. She waits until his breaths steady into a slow rhythm of in and out. With ease, she disentangles their limbs and climbs from her bed. Her clothes lay discarded a few feet to the right, and she quickly reaches into the left pocket where her wallet lays. Unzipping it, she moves the cards and cash around to pull out the Ziploc only to find it empty.

Panic ensues at the sudden realization. She looks at Emmett nestled amongst the sheets, sleeping soundly, clueless to the happenings five feet away. Jett looks at Emmett then looks at the wallet before looking back at him once more. As much as she wants to crawl back into the bed, she knows what she has to do. So, reluctantly, she redresses and leaves the apartment without so much as a single glance back.

The sun rises however many hours later, and Emmett is not quite sure exactly why he is awake. The hour is earlier than most, for him at least. Many had already left the confines of their bed to take part of their daily occupations. But, with an unconventional job such as his, no need for an early awakening presents itself. Yet, here he is: reluctantly awake. He tosses and turns and tries to obtain even just a few more hours of sleep to no avail.

Groaning in great protest, he rolls from his bed, and only then does he recognize its emptiness. Panic ensues as he searches around for his last night's occupant, but all traces of her disappeared in the night. He sighs, wondering what else did he expect. His heart twinges and flinches with pain that he's no different. That his affect on her is not quite as strong as he wishes it to be. Maybe one day, or so he prays, but one day seems so far away.

He climbs from the bed, lost in this prayer, showers and readies in utmost despair. Yet still, he laces his shoes and hurries from the flat in search of the one who instilled just that.

Being a Saturday, tourists litter the streets of downtown Athens. They are often rather pestersome, but today, for some reason, they faze Emmett little on his walk towards Off The Record, or maybe he is simply too distracted by the impending sight of her to notice. Either way, he meanders down the sidewalk with little regard to those around him.

When the shop comes into sight, he practically skips on the way there. Yet when he arrives, he finds the door tightly locked and the "Closed" sign blaring in the window. His heart falls, though not for long. The awning indicating upcoming shows four doors down screams brightly at him as he turns towards it. He wishes to explain that which ceases him at the realization Jett most likely is beyond those doors, but how is he to explain something he does not understand. Emmett is slowly learning to accept his fate, to accept the inevitably of being inexplicably drawn to her in almost every sense.