15. The fairy that came out to play

Start from the beginning

How perfect!

I happily walked around the place, looking at the various stalls and fashions the people were wearing. There were some extravagant traditional clothing from cultures all around the world and I wished I could see this sight back in my world as well. Actually, I really want to wear some of these!

I moved closer to a stall that was selling some magical toys and watched with wonder as the little things moved on their own and created sparkles. "Pfft." I gave a small laugh. We at earth weren't too bad huh? We had robot toys too, but we made them work even without magic. However, the stall owner, as well as the customer next to me interpreted my laugh as something else.

"Miss, this one is the latest edition! I paid a highly powerful stone-handler to put high quality mana into this! It's not something of just anyone can make!" The stall-owner frowned at me.

At the same time, the customer next to me glared at me and said "Are you looking down on me for being at a toy stall when I'm apparently too old to be playing with toys? Well, I'm collecting! I'm a collector, okay, lady?"

I looked at both of them in disbelief. No, mister, did I say anything about your age at all? I was about to open my mouth to retort when a realization hit me.

The face I see everyday in the mirror... the countless times I had to practice move my face muscles... all because...

Nora's laugh always looks so condescending!

Ah, whatever! These people misunderstood on their own. What's the point in dealing with them? Let them just think whatever.

I crossed my arms across my chest and tilted my head up.

"Mister..." I wanted to be sincere as I said what I did next but I didn't realize that this pose in Nora's body makes people think she was looking down at them.

"You shouldn't live like this." I looked at the toy collector solemnly in the eyes. His mouth fell open with my words, his glare filled with rage. I continued my sincere speech.

"You shouldn't let others' opinions of you affect the way you live. Just do what you like without hiding it. Be proud of yourself, okay? Or you'll really be treating yourself like a good-for-nothing loser." It's something I struggle with myself so I wanted to advice them. I gave him and the toy collector a nod and turned to walk away.

"Was she... looking down on us...?"

"I think she told us to be proud of ourselves...?"

"But didn't she look very condescending just now? I'm confused... did she call me a loser?"

I didn't hear what they had to say about me as I was too busy trying to calm down my heartbeat and lessen my excitement at this new type of behaviour from me.

Wow, did I do it? Did I seem really confident? Should I have said something else?

A smirk made its way onto my lips and I felt the breeze refreshingly across my face as I moved quickly through the street.

Hmm? Hey, that curly blonde mess...

"Ah." Even though I was quite far from him and surrounded by the crowd, at the sound of my voice, the boy I was looking at turned my way.

No...!

I quickly pulled over the hood of my cloak in a panic. Not him, please! I turned around in a hurry only to bump into the very person I was trying to avoid.

"If it isn't our little storyteller!"

It was the boy with the devil's grin.

"Literally running into you like this, isn't it fate?"