5. Ichor is fatal for mortals

Chapter 5: Ichor is fatal for mortals

"A tea party?!"

I gawked at my maid and she nodded. I'd called her to ask her to prepare for a carriage but what's this I'm hearing? I have to go to a tea party? How could I!

"Yes, my lady. Lord Caeles' page is here to announce that he will be arriving soon. The servants of the estate have begun preparations to receive the lord."

Oh, that would explain all the sudden noise. The house has never been so livel-

"What did you say?"

Who... is coming...?

"Lord Caeles is on his way, my lady."

I almost slipped off my seat with the shock.

No, think, think, why would one of the male leads suddenly be coming to the villainess' house?

No, this wouldn't be mentioned in the novel anyway because there still are a few years left for the book to begin!

But really! All the memories I've regained with Caeles are so unpleasant. He and Nora consider each other Enemy #1!

When Caeles was young, he was a grumpy and quiet kid who lived stuck to his older brother Cassian's side like a shadow. As the sons of the great Duke, the people that approached them were always two-faced; they'd sweet talk them upfront but badmouth them as soon as they were with other nobles; complaining about having to suck up to children.

Unlike his outgoing and gentle brother, Caeles didn't have many chances to meet and befriend other kids his age, but he didn't think much of the loneliness as he had Cassian. However; one day, a girl pushed her way in between them and began to stick to his brother's side, just like him.

Of course that didn't end well...

"He's my brother!"

"Cassian is mine!"

He found her annoying and they always fought, leaving poor Cassian to smoothen things out and clear the mess. Nora and Caeles' fights often went overboard and they did many cruel tricks and pranks on each other; they've even pulled each other's' hair out!

His enemy relationship with Nora totally reminds me of a kid I often fought with in my past life. There wasn't a day we got along with each other and it was so toxic.

I shuddered at the memory. Caeles, who spent such sweet moments with the heroine... I didn't know you had such a past with the villainess...

But why would he willingly come to Nora's house-

My hands flew to my face in horror as the realization hit me.

No way...!

Is he coming to fight me?!

He... isn't going to kill me... is he?

No way, he wouldn't... but...

The image of Caeles with his bloody sword materialized in my mind.

When he was a gloomy little kid, everything changed the day his father gifted him a wooden sword. His dull eyes came to life as he felt the blood pump within his veins with excitement. Although too young, he begged his father and began formal sword fighting lessons and the quiet boy was no more; a new, fiery and outbound Caeles was born.

Leave it to the male lead to transform completely as soon as a sword comes in hand...

When the book begins, he will claim the role of the youngest and most proficient sword-master in the empire; skills that are unachievable; a boy untouchable with a sword in his hand. The legendary Commander of the Knights of Sorin.