I was nervous, extremely. I had never thought of Sean as anything more than just a mate and now he was my prom date only a few days after breaking up with my boyfriend. I couldn't be sure that this was a great idea.

Nevertheless, when I saw Sean's grin, all my nervousness disappeared and I couldn't help but smile myself. "Hey."

He didn't reply, he just stared. I laughed softly. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head. "I can't be okay, when you're looking like this."

I felt myself going red and immediately thanked God for make up. "Not too bad yourself McCoy."

There wasn't really much time to talk as the three mothers had appeared from inside the house and demanded another photoshoot with our dates. Thankfully, with the help of the boys in our protesting and complaining, it was soon over.

/////

The party had already started when we arrived. As soon as we walked through the doors, our ears were filled with the sound of the music and people laughing and talking and singing. It was perfect. After all, I was part of the prom committee. The band was playing and before I knew it, Sean had grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. He struck some moves which immediately made me laugh.

"Please, stop." I begged between my gasps for air.

"You don't like it?" He asked, doing the boogie woogie.

"Sean, I can't breathe!" I laughed.

He was meant to speak but suddenly the song stopped playing and the band started playing familiar slow music.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go

Good Riddance by Green Day started playing. I stared at the stage slightly confused before turning back to Sean. "This is my favourite song."

A smile appeared on his lips. "May I ask for a dance?"

"You may indeed." I took his hand as he closed up the space in between us.

Weirdly, I couldn't focus on the fact that I was slow dancing with Sean, with my head on his shoulder and his hands on my waist, because all I could think about was the fact that my favourite song by Green Day was playing. No one else cared, it was another song on the playlist for everyone else. But I felt like it was something more, I just couldn't figure it out. It intrigued me that the band stopped playing half way through a popular pop song to switch to a unknown Green Day slow song, and my favourite one at that.

Part of me wanted to believe that maybe Sean had asked them to play it before hand, but I knew that wasn't true. Sean didn't know me well enough to know that was one of my favourite songs, and we aren't exactly a couple for him to do something like that.

Nevertheless, it was bugging me. I just knew there was something behind it.

"You look beautiful tonight." Sean whispered in my ear. "I can't get over it."

I leaned my head back to look at him. "Thank you."

"Trust me, it's my pleasure."

I placed my head down on his shoulder and looked at the people around me. And that's when I saw him.

Liam was standing a few feet away, with a flower in his hand, staring right at me. He looked perfect, as always, in his perfectly fitted baby suit and his hair it's perfect usual mess. Suddenly I could feel myself heavy breathing, and my heart thumping. My throat had dried up and I couldn't think straight. What was he doing here? What was I meant to do?

"Sean, I need to use the bathroom. Could you get me a drink while I'm gone?" I whispered in his ear.

"Sure." He let go of my waist and walked off into the crowd.

I didn't think twice before making my way towards Liam. As I got closer I could feel his burning eyes on me and could see his hanging jaw. My heart stopped beating so fast and I suddenly felt a bit more comfortable, from the satisfaction of having him stare at me like that.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

He didn't speak straight away. "Lucy you look--"

"I don't want your compliments Liam." I snapped. I felt no remorse. Seeing him, dressed up, at prom, brought back everything. It crushed me all over again. Now I was going to crush him.

"Lucy--"

"Liam seriously, I don't want to hear your excuses. It's prom for fvck sake! I've been looking forward to this night ever since I started high school." The words spilled out before I could stop them. "Remember? I told you how important this might was to me but you didn't give a fvck. Of you did,I probably wouldn't be here with Sean, but you fvcked up Liam. You fvcked up big time." And with that I turned on my heel and walked off searching for Sean. I didn't understand. Why was Liam here? Was he trying to get to me? Trying to show me--

"Luce, are you okay?!" Someone's hand pulled me out of the crowd.

I forced a smile for Poppy. "I'm fine."

"You look lost and confused. What happened?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Her eyes drifted in the direction that I had come from and by her bulging eyes I knew she had spotted him. "What is he doing here?!"

I shrugged. "I don't know and I don't care."

"What if he came as an attempt to get you back?" She asked.

"He didn't." I argued. "And if he did he's too late. I've given him so many second chances I'm done. This isn't a game."

"Come here." Poppy pulled me into a hug. "Do you want me to ask Dylan--"

"No no no." I pulled away. "Don't bother. I'm over it." And I actually felt like I partly was. My heart still thumped rapidly every time I saw Liam, and my throat dried every time I tried speaking to him. But when I saw him I just remembered what he did and how he played me, and suddenly I was over it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/formal_with_sean/set?id=126479141&lid=3706920