Chapter 38: Art

•Part 38•

Monday morning was a hard one. I was still hungover from Saturday seeing that the only way to get over the image of Liam and Sam in my head was to drink myself away. I was also going to a school trip to the art gallery, as if there wasn't anywhere better to go.

I decided on a black leather skort, a tight black and white striped neckline crop top and a pair of black heeled leather boot heels.

"You look pretty today." My mum smiled as she gave me my breakfast.

"Thanks."

"Anything special going on today?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Just that stupid art trip. I don't even do art! It's pointless."

"You might enjoy it." She shrugged.

"Mum, I can't even draw a straight stick man. Trust me, I don't enjoy art."

My mum laughed before changing the subject. "How are you feeling after Saturday night?"

I groaned. "Still in pain."

"Maybe that'll teach you a lesson." She smirked.

"Mum, you know I'm not a big drinker. There was a reason behind it." I explained.

"And what's that?"

There was a pause. I didn't know what to say. "I can't tell you."

"Why is that?"

"Because you'll judge me and tell me that I'm a bitch, which I already know." I told her.

"Sweetheart, I'd never ever do that!" She reassured. "You know you can tell me anything."

I looked at my phone, and saw the time. "Sorry, I have to go mum."

"We'll talk about this later!" She called after me.

"Of course!" And with that I shut the door.

////////

The gallery building was grand. Almost like an ancient cathedral. However, I decided not to keep my hopes up.

"Now, in order for there to be some sort of organisation, you'll be put in groups." Mrs Greene announced. A verbal harmony of groans erupted around us.

"Miss! We're not 10 anymore!" Harry shouted from the back.

"Maybe physically not, but I'd beg to differ about your mental age." My teacher retorted, earning a laugh from the rest of the class and a few curses from Harry himself, which she chose to ignore.

"Anyway," she clapped her hands together. "Harry, Jacob, Elise, Deana and Jess, you're group number one."

We waited for the first group to shuffle together before we turned back to the teachers. "Sean, Josh, Sam, Dan and Allison, you're group number two." Sean gave me a kiss on the cheek before getting together with his group.

"Jennifer, Peter, Melissa, Leo , Carli and Rebecca, you're group number three."

And that's when I noticed, who was left. What had I done to deserve this?! "That means, Dylan, Poppy, Lucy and Liam, you're the final group." I groaned internally, getting together into the bundle. Poppy was looking at me apologetically, I knew she felt sorry for me, but I just shrugged and did my best to avoid any eye contact with him.

"Now, here are your maps," Mrs Greene gave us all a guide of the gallery, "you're free to go anywhere, inside the gallery as long as you're with your group. Meet here in 2 hours for a lunch break." And with a snappy smile she entered the gallery, leaving us alone.