Chapter 12: Heels

•Part 12•

"He can't be serious." Poppy argued as she sat at the end of my bed.

"I'm pretty sure he was." I told her.

"How stupid does he think you are?" Melissa asked.

"Obviously very." I shrugged.

"Is he going to be at the party?"

"Probably not." I said. "It's Sean's girlfriend's party, and Sean hardly knows Liam."

"He invited us though." Melissa pointed out.

"You're my friends though--"

"Actually guys, I think Liam might be there." Poppy's comment caught my attention automatically.

"How do you know that?"

"Dylan is going." Poppy told us. "There is no way Dylan would go but Liam wouldn't. Plus, Liam is kind of a friend of Sara's."

"Kill me now." I mutter. "Can I not just be in one place without him being there?"

"I'm sorry." Poppy bit her lip.

"What for?" I asked. "It's fine. I'm just gonna avoid him. That's all. You on the other hand have some explanating to do."

"Me?" Poppy asked.

Melissa and I nodded. "You did mention you were talking to Huffman?"

"Oh god." Poppy groaned causing us to laugh.

"What's happening there?" I asked.

"Nothing." She shook her head. "We've been talking since the party. That's all."

"But you're gonna see him tonight right?" Melissa reminded.

"Seeing him doesn't mean anything." Poppy argued.

" And that's why you've dressed like that?" I arched an eyebrow. Poppy was looking stunning in her dark red strapless bandage dress wgich was bound to send any male in the room crazy.

Poppy rolled her eyes. "We're going to a party. Of course I'm gonna dress up."

"Whatever you say." Melissa and I exchanged a look.

"Can we just go?" Poppy asked.

I stood up. "Can't wait to see Huffman already hey?"

"Shut up!" Poppy groaned punching me in the arm.

Melissa laughed as we made our way out the house. "That's sexual frustration for you."

Poppy sighed. "How old are you two?"

////////

As we walked up the steps to Sara's front door, I suddenly felt very nauseous. The memories of the last party I had attended flipped my stomach upside down. "Guys I don't think I can do this."

"Come on Luce! You've dressed up. You promised Sean you'd come. Don't let him down." Melissa reminded me.

"But Liam--"

"No." Poppy cut in. "There's no way you're gonna let Liam ruin this night for you."

"I don't know." I sighed.

"You'll be fine! You've got us if anything." Melissa promised.

"Fvck it." I straightened up and walked in. The house was already crowded. People were jumping to the beat of the DJ. Yes, there was a DJ.

I turned around to ask my friends if they wanted to get a drink but they had already disappeared into the crowd.
I sighed making my way to the bar. I didn't walk long before I felt a crack under my right foot and the twist of my ankle. I cursed realising my heel had just broken.