22. Mother-Daughter Hot 411 Gossip

Comincia dall'inizio

Sooyeon rolled her eyes before sighing, "How are you? How is it...there?" After all these years, she still didn't like Imuwa and probably never will.

"It's hot here since we're in mid-July now and no AC."

"Ugh, the horror." Her daughter commented. "Taehyung must hate it."

"Well, yeah but he has to deal with it." Halmeoni shrugged as she leaned into her chair.

"How's my baby bear brat doing?" Sooyeon asked as she sipped on her luxurious iced coffee with almond milk. "Haven't spoken to him in a while. I try to message but he's a dick who only gives tapbacks to my texts."

"He's doing well now. Actually way better than I expected." The old lady announced before a smile erupted on her wrinkly face. "I told him to get groceries and he walked to the store."

She was proud to see the growth in Taehyung. He still had his stubborn traits that most likely never go away, but he's able to do a lot of things for himself apart from cooking.

"Oh my God, are you serious?" Sooyeon gasped as she covered her lips with her polished fingers. "I can't even make him get out of bed. No one could! He threatened everyone!"

"Hey, I promised you I'd break him. The first months are just cold turkey and irritating. You raised a feisty child." Halmeoni eyed her daughter out. "It'll be a breeze now. I'm making him do work that I don't even do. He cleaned a shed I didn't know I had."

"Thank you so much, mom! You're absolutely the best." Her daughter was eternally grateful for the good news she got. "If he keeps it up, maybe we can bring him back earlier than we planned."

"Obviously, I'm your mother." The old lady scoffed as her shoulders were currently in outer space. "But I'm not the only one who you should thank."

"How so?"

"Well, I did break him and threatened him no shelter if he didn't do these things, but he met a couple of people that made him realize the struggle in life," Halmeoni explained as she thought of three specific Imuwaians.

"Oh, so he made friends? Thank, God. I didn't think he'd make friends with an attitude like that." Sooyeon placed a hand over her chest to exaggerate her relief.

"Bet your ass, he has an attitude but they're much more ruthless than him." The old lady crossed her arms over her chest in satisfaction.

"They seem lovely."

"But there's one specific friend who he seems much more fond of..." Halmeoni mentioned as she sipped her water.

Sooyeon gasped as she stirred her drink. "Mom, how shameless of you. You're not supposed to tell secrets." The younger lady chuckled. She came closer to the camera. "Come now, tell me. Who is it?"

"She's the granddaughter of a very good friend. A caring, hardworking, and smart girl." The old lady responded, knowing her daughter would love Penny. "I like her. Very sweet too."

"Wow, actually surprised." Sooyeon snorted. "Taehyung's type is usually the complete opposite of it and they were all shit." The younger lady reminisced on Taehyung's past relationship and other interests with unqualified women in her book.

In conclusion, she hated all of them.

"Well, not this one. From what I heard from her grandmother, she talks about him all the time." Halmeoni giggled. "Doesn't really care if he's rich or not. She mentions how handsome and charming and arrogant he is. She said he was kind. She hasn't really done anything with him but I can tell he's also swooning over her as well."

"Tae Tae, kind??" Sooyeon snorted at the unpopular opinion. "I guess he is but sounds like a wonderful girl." She grinned. "She has that Imuwa grip. Probably crazy, strong, and playing hard to get."

"Taehyung seems to be attracted to it. Why else would he be out for probably more than three hours in a small town when the store is a ten-minute walk and it'll only take 30 minutes to shop?" Halmeoni wondered what he was doing right now. Probably just bugging the working girl in the store, clinging onto her like a hopeless romantic leech.

"Seems like this girl is intriguing. I've never seen Taehyung so head over heels for someone."

"Poor girl though." The older lady sighed, knowing about Penny's background. Heck, everyone pretty much did. "She's a fighter, always struggling day by day."

"What do you mean?" Sooyeon questioned. Her butler took her plate as she thanked him while waiting patiently for her mother's answer.

"Well, she didn't have the best upbringing in Imuwa. Her mother died when she was young and her father had to leave to work." Halmeoni replied as she felt bad for Penny when she told Sooyeon. "Her cousin also left. Her grandmother told me that money's been tight right now."

"How sad." Sooyeon frowned as she developed a sorrowful feeling for the girl. "How 'bout this? I can give some money to them sin—"

"Honey, it's a nice gesture but don't do that." Her mother shook her head in disagreement. "You're pitying them and they'll be ashamed like that can't take care of themselves."

"I know but when you told me that and knowing she's still so young, no one should go through that." Sooyeon countered.

"Everyone struggles here, Yeonie." Halmeoni informed her daughter. "I feel for the girl but I don't think the best thing to do is give them money like giving to the needy."

"I guess so..." The younger lady concluded, still showing concern towards the girl. "But I trust your instincts. You like her so I might like her as well. I hope I can meet her one day!"

Halmeoni chuckled lightly at her elated daughter, "I'm sure you'll like her."

"What's her name?"

"Lim Penny."

~

Oops I've been MIA...grad school is a pain but also makes me not want to do anything. I'll try my best to update this week too!

I just wanted to shine some light on Taehyung's family, especially his mom and grandmother. Aren't they the best lol???

You also get a little bit of perspective on how others look at Penny.