Izhaan and Aahana meet

... Chapter1-A- Izhaan &Aahana meet_ Izhaan's point of view

It was a long day for me, my body exhausted from the back-to-back meetings followed by the long flight.

I was not keen to meet anyone, desperately wanted to be in my room and doze off. However, Naani was having her plans, she was overly enthusiastic about dinner.

I felt she was happy to have dinner with me as I was not home for a long time. she must have missed me. but why is she selecting outfits for me? oh no here she goes wife hunting for me again. I am still struggling to make her understand that I don't want to get married neither to the girl she chooses or any other.

"Naani if this is any of your tricks to make me meet someone as a suitor, then I am notifying you that, now is not the time. I am exhausted." hearing it Naani Arya replies "as if you would have accepted to meet someone when you were not exhausted" she mimicked sarcastically and continued "and I can assure you this guest of mine is someone you would thank me after meeting." huh! why would I thank her!

Hunching on the sofa I was having a coffee waiting for 'oh so special guest' of Naani to arrive. I cannot say it was a long wait, as the doorbell rang just when I was about to finish my coffee

"Oh, there she is" I heard Naani's enthusiastic voice. "sorry Naani I had stuck in traffic" the guest responded with silvery vocals. my eyes wandered around towards the person, she looks familiar, she looks like... is that she? Is that Aahana? how could that be? She lives in Lucknow with her father and stepfamily, doesn't she?

I saw her coming towards me along with Naani. Her eyes were trying to resist me all the time. Damn those hazel orbs! still has the power to captivate me, just like a moth getting enthralled by flames. "Izhaan look, Aahana is here," introduced Naani bringing me out of the strange thoughts. She looked at me and said "hello". shaking her delicate hand, I gave a nod. The intense anxiety that creaked into me after seeing her, would not have allowed me to respond if Naani would not have introduced us. Not wanting her to notice my shaky hands I broke the handshake as fast as it was possible.

She scrunched her eyes still looking at me expectantly of something. I don't know what, but I can only conclude it to discontentment. I should be ashamed of myself for such a blunder.

Never in my life have I ever felt so nervous, not even when I asked Naani to sell Nana's textile factory for building Rizhaa. I cannot believe she is the same girl to whom I used to look after, back then she was a genuine doll, all-time running behind me and Ma. She surely has flourished into a beautiful personality. These weird admiration towards her looks, chased out, as thoughts of her being in Mumbai took the charge. what happened to her family, are they also here? And what about her father, how did he agree to send her?

A mouth-watering feast was getting set on the dinner table, am someone who has tasted foods across countless restaurants around the world, but none of it can give pleasure to my stomach as much as a home-cooked meal does. No matter what cuisine it is. When we were kids, mom made it her hobby to cook various cuisine just so we don't catch the habit of eating outside junks. We set at the dinner table to relish the feast. Aahana settled on the seat opposite of mine. It was almost impossible to not peek at her. I attempted to make a conversation but I got cheated by my devious tongue. It is very strange, there was a time we used to eat on the same plate because Aahana liked getting fed by me or ma and the stubborn she, would throw fits if I would not feed her whenever she was at our place. Today we are sitting on opposite sides barely able to glance at each other without getting anxious. Where is that demanding Aahana gone, I wondered. It was a gravely silent meal up until Naani broke it and I was glad she did.