09 ; see you soon

hannah pov;

after that night, it was like we had made an unspoken promise to call every day. some nights were spent listening to music for hours and dancing around like idiots, singing at the top of our lungs. even though we regularly streamed with each other now, we still played games together offline while on calls, coopers usual teasing changing into calm and laughter without an audience there to entertain.

another night he drunkenly introduced me to everyone he lives with, talking a little too loud and slurring his words. it was quite embarrassing but they were all so nice and i even texted them sometimes. mainly travis though, he was definitely the sweetest.

one night we were both a little high and very sleep-deprived on call, which admittedly wasn't that unusual. cooper laid face down on his pillow, completely exhausted while i laid on my side.

"hannahhhh." his voice was muffled as he complained into his pillow.

"coopperrrrr." i said, rolling my eyes and matching his exaggeration.

"i wanna meet up. so fucking bad." he moved his head to face his phone, messy hair covering his half-closed eyes.

i giggled at the state of him. "same. we've both just been busy."

we had talked about meeting up a few times in the past few weeks, but school and streams were always in the way. it was getting pretty frustrating but we both assured each other it would happen eventually.

"are you free this weekend?" he asked.

i took my phone from it's resting place and checked to see if i had any school stuff on in the next few days and sure enough, i had nothing.

"holy shit!" i couldn't suppress my excitement as i turned back to the call. "i'm free tomorrow?!"

he sat up quickly, his smile growing bigger by the second "no fucking way! YES!!"

i laughed at his excitement. "oh my god, finally! what do you wanna do?"

"i have fucking no idea but YESSS!!" he replied, throwing his hands in the air.

we laughed for a while, both still out of it and exhausted, but we knew how exciting tomorrow was gonna be. we kept interrupting each other with ideas, like snacks, music, skating and sunsets until we had a vague plan that we knew wouldn't last. it was all a blur as it neared 3 am and we practically collapsed after the excitement wore us out even further.

"i'll send you an address for us to meet at." cooper said in barely a whisper, his blinks getting slower and longer every time.

"okay coopie." i said with a smile, my own eyes getting rather heavy.

we ended the call soon after and before my mind could think about tomorrow, i was already fast asleep.

. . .

i woke up at 10 the next morning, stretching my stiff body as my brain tried to catch up. turning over, i grabbed my phone and the first thing i saw was a tweet from cooper from about an hour ago and i instantly replied:

cooper (@ cscoop) see you soon

hannah (@ itshannah) if you're lucky >:)

i noticed that he also texted me around that time with link to a map.

cooper

*link*

meet me here at 11 :)

hannah

you're really leading me to the middle of nowhere haha

let's hope you don't murder me xx

cooper

damn, my plan is ruined...

hannah

ahaha good

i'll see you soon :))

i quickly got dressed, knowing i shouldn't have slept in as much as i did, but got ready in record time, getting more excited as the time grew closer. it was around 10:40 when i decided i would leave, knowing the spot he sent was pretty far. i grabbed my board that sat at my front door, making sure i said goodbye to max before i left.

walking fast down my apartment steps, i gave myself a running start before i set down my board, stepping onto in a familiar pattern that i knew i would never forget. i had found that most of the roads here were relatively smooth, making it an easy ride as i glided across paths with ease. i even did a few tricks as i went, warming myself up.

it took about 20 minutes but i finally made it to the spot cooper had sent, skating down a road that led to a small park. i kicked my board into my hands as i followed the marker, searching for any signs of the boy. soon enough, i saw a figure standing up ahead, leaning against a tree, phone in one hand and skateboard in the other.

cooper.

as i felt a smile grow across my face my pace quickened, turning into a jog as i got closer. i had been waiting weeks for this moment.

when he heard footsteps coming towards him, he turned and started to walk towards me. before i knew it, i threw myself against him, giving him the hug i had been imagining for far too long.

and when he hugged back, holding me tightly, i knew that he was thinking the same thing.